56. Lily _____ to smoke, but now she chews gum instead.
A) usedB) usesC) use
57. When I was little, my mother __________ me a story every night at bedtime.
A) would readB) readsC) was reading
58. Jane left her office because she ________ a bad toothache.
A) hasB) hadC) used to have
59. Girls think they are too fat, _____ boys think they are too thin.
A) andB) orC) while
60. Mr. Wei is a kind man, and ______ Mr. Lee.
A) so doesB) so isC) so has
61. The peer tree didn’t produce fruit last year, and _____ the apple tree.
A) either didB) neither didC) neither didn’t
62. The little girl dried up her tears ______ started to say what had happened.
A) soB) orC) and
63. We had a hard time ______ with the foreigner since he spoke neither Chinese nor English.
A) communicatingB) communicatedC) to communicate
64. Mom advised me ______ a club or take a class during the summer vacation so I wouldn’t feel bored.
A) joiningB) joinedC) to join
65. Tracy sat at her desk ______ the novel that she bought yesterday.
A) to read B) readingC) and reading4 個解答考試1 0 年前
36. Please _____ to the meeting on time. We start at exactly ten o’clock.
A) you comeB) comeC) coming
37. Put on your coat, _______ you’ll be cold.
A) orB) norC) for
38. Either you or he _____ to take out the garbage.
A) haveB) hasC) are
39. I’m sure she ______ back in a little while.
A) isB) wasC) will be
40. What ______ ?
A) supposed I doB) had better I doC) should I do
41. You _____ be thirsty! You just drank a lot of water.
A) canB) can’tC) could
42. She hurt herself when she fell _____ the stairs.
A) acrossB) out ofC) down
43. My sunglasses _____ over $ 5,000.
A) spentB) spendC) cost
44. The ______ child was crying loudly when he was found by a policeman.
A) lostB) loseC) loss
45. These plants need to ______ every day.
A) wateringB) be wateringC) be watered
46. If you _____ your number, I’ll call you back.
A) leaveB) will leaveC) to leave
47. You _____ eat so much.
A) don’t ought toB) shouldn’tC) are supposed to
48. A: Those plants don’t look very healthy. B: They _____ need water. They haven’t been watered in days!
A) can’tB) mightC) must
49. There _____ four seasons in a year.
A) areB) isC) have
50. Ruben ______ to Germany every year to visit his family.
A) flyB) is flyingC) flies
51. The girl got _____ excited that she suddenly felt hungry.
A) soB) veryC) such
52. Let’s find a place _____ we can enjoy a big meal.
A) whereB) whatC) which
53. It’s dangerous to ride with a _____ driver.
A) drankB) drunkC) drinking
54. These pants are dirty. They need to ______.
A) washingB) be washingC) be washed.
55. Kaori is a Japanese girl _____ Yo-yo met at an English summer camp.
A) whichB) whoC) where
When Andrew bought the train ticket in South Station, Boston, he put his bag down by the main ticket office for a minute. After he finished buying the ticket, he couldn’t find his bag. He reported the stolen bag to the police. This stolen bag was a gray canvas duffel bag with a wide shoulder strap, about the size of a small carry-on suitcase. Andrew put his clothes, address book, planner and sunglasses in the bag. His sunglasses cost him over $200 and were rather valuable. The police promised to call him if they found his bag.
66. Where were Andrew when his bag was stolen?
A) in North StationB) by the main ticket officeC) on the train
67. Which of the following is NOT the characteristics of the stolen bag?
A) It’s gray.B) It has a wide shoulder strap.C) It’s made of leather.
68. How big is the bag?
A) about the size of a carry-on
suitcaseB) about the size of a walletC) about the size of a car
69. What’s NOT in the bag?
A) his clothesB) his credit cardC) his sunglasses
70. Was there anything valuable in the bag?
A) his plannerB) his sunglassesC) his books2 個解答語言1 0 年前
There once was a farmer. He was a very (71) man, so every year he had a great harvest. One day, he became (72) . He knew he would (73) die, and he wanted his son to (74) the farm. He told them that he put a treasure in one of the vineyards. After the farmer died, the sons dug carefully around the vines (75) for the treasure. They didn’t find it, but their hard work gave them an even greater harvest. This lesson was their father’s real treasure.
71.A) excitingB) hardworkingC) lonely
72.A) sickB) wellC) busy
73.A) fastB) stillC) soon
74.A) look afterB) tell onC) walk on
75.A) makingB) lookingC) seeing4 個解答詩詞與文學1 0 年前
16. Let’s go! If we don’t hurry, we’ll _____ the start of the game.
A) winB) loseC) miss
17. It’s ______ to think that the black cat is bad luck.
A) soccerB) superstitiousC) soul
18. Many people instinctively feel healthier when they are in a beautiful ______.
A) landscapeB) evidenceC) patient
19. He fell off his bike on a slippery road and hurt his __________ badly as a result.
A) angelB) ankleC) angle
20. There are many ______ on the face of the old woman which make her look rather old.
A) wrinklesB) medalsC) contracts
21. Don’t drive after you’ve taken the drug because it can make you _____.
A) hungryB) drowsyC) happy
22. He didn’t follow the _____ and the cake turned out all wrong.
A) receiptB) receptionC) recipe
23. I’d like to take two large _____ of French fries.
A) breaksB) ordersC) bottles
24. Common _____ of a cold are headache, coughing and fever.
A) medicinesB) prescriptionsC) symptoms
25. Kaori gathered up all her __________ to taste smelly tofu.
A) colleagueB) coverageC) courage
26. Jenny is on a diet. She wants a fruit plate for her _____.
A) dessertB) desertC) deserve
27. With this _____, you can get a half price off your next hamburger.
A) couponB) coupleC) cube
28. I need to stay ______ while I’m at work.
A) wateryB) itchyC) alert
29. A 30-year-old man was brought to the ______ in coma.
A) drugstoreB) emergency roomC) nursery
30. Mrs. Lewis is an ______ mother and she knows her kids’ feelings.
A) absent-mindedB) excitedC) understanding
31. ______ the blue line west towards Xinpu.
A) TakeB) TookC) Taking
32. Joyce did not enjoy the show, ______ she fell asleep.
A) butB) yetC) so
33. I don’t know where Gary is. He _____ be in the yard.
A) mayB) canC) ought
34. There’s a no parking sign here. They are not ______ to park here.
A) betterB) supposedC) ought to
35. I usually ______ to the library after school.
A) goB) goingC) gone2 個解答考試1 0 年前
1. I don’t like his _____. He always makes fun of people.
A) substituteB) gratitudeC) attitude
2. I’m calling to ______ our meeting tomorrow because I won’t be here. I have to go out of town.
A) cancelB) makeC) explore
3. I am calling to ask her what the homework ______ for tomorrow is.
A) assignB) assignedC) assignment
4. Many women earn less than their ______ colleagues.
A) maleB) messageC) moment
5. His father works as a general ______ for a bank.
A) manageB) managementC) manager
6. When she was ill, she studied at home with a private ______.
A) turtleB) tourC) tutor
7. Don’t tell Amy I read her letter—She’ll be ______.
A) furiousB) furyC) funny
8. The _____ in this restaurant is rather slow. It’s been half an hour since we ordered.
A) tryoutB) serviceC) pollution
9. Did you get the _____ that I had left on your answering machine?
A) massageB) messageC) moment
10. The last train from London to Edinburgh will _____ from platform 6 in about ten minutes.
A) delayB) departC) decrease
11. Young and cute pets make most of us feel _____.
A) offensive B) aggressive C) protective
12. Don’t judge a person from the first ______.
A) stereotypeB) impressionC) superstition
13. She cannot bear to watch the film because of the bad __________ it brings back.
A) materialsB) memoriesC) members
14. An ______ is a person who is good at sports and takes part in sports competition.
A) athleteB) assumptionC) announcer
15. The low area of land between two mountains or hills, usually with a river flowing through it is called ______.
A) valleyB) forestC) coast