- 匿名使用者2 0 年前最佳解答
1.Small in size: a little dining room. See Synonyms at small.
2.Short in extent or duration; brief: There is little time left.
3.Small in quantity or degree: little money.
4.Unimportant; trivial: a little matter.
5.Narrow; petty: mean little comments; a little mind consumed with trivia.
A.Without much power or influence; of minor status.
B.Being at an early stage of growth; young: a little child.
Younger or youngest. Used especially of a sibling: My little brother is leaving for college next week.
small·er , small·est
1.Being below the average in size or magnitude.
2.Limited in importance or significance; trivial: a small matter.
3.Limited in degree or scope: small farm operations.
4.Lacking position, influence, or status; minor: "A crowd of small writers had vainly attempted to rival Addison" (Thomas Macaulay).
Unpretentious; modest: made a small living; helped the cause in my own small way.
5.Not fully grown; very young.
6.Narrow in outlook; petty: a small mind.
7.Having been belittled; humiliated: Their comments made me feel small.
8.Diluted; weak. Used of alcoholic beverages.
9.Lacking force or volume: a small voice.
In small pieces: Cut the meat up small.
Without loudness or forcefulness; softly.
In a small manner.
A part that is smaller or narrower than the rest: the small of the back.
Small things considered as a group.
Chiefly British Small items of clothing.
Hope this will help you!
- 2 0 年前
I used to go there when I was a little girl. 當我還是個小女孩時，我經常去那裡
I'd like to have a little house of my own. 我很想擁有一間屬於我自己的小房子
Some small boys tried to steal the bag from my car. 有幾個小男生想把我汽車裡的包包偷走
I wouldn't like to live in such a small house. 我不會喜歡住在這樣狹小的屋子裡
不過，也是看各地不同的習慣，在新加坡好像就沒有差別。參考資料： Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
- 2 0 年前
1. 用在形容少的「量」，注意有時帶有負面的意思例如 little hope (不太有希望); think little of ( 沒有詳加考慮); make little money (不怎麼好賺) ; 但如果加了 a 就有比較正面的意思，如 I still have a little hoep for it. 我還是抱著一點點希望; She did make a little money. (她的確是賺了點錢)
2. 形容「程度」或體積，， little damage (損害不大); little boy (小男孩);
3. 帶鄙視的意味，如 his little game (他玩的小把戲); your filthy little mind (你這種齷齪的心胸
4. 帶親暱意味，如 my little darling (我的小親親)
5. 放在動詞前， 表示一點也不(沒有)的意思，如 He little realized his fate. (他一點也不明白他的命運是怎麼回事)
1. 形容相形之下比較小的, 有限的, 重要性比較低的「東西」，例如 small business (小生意); a small mind (狹隘的心腸); a small matter (小事一樁)
3. 地位不重要的，如 a small actor (小角色)參考資料： Collins English Dictionary
- 2 0 年前