Euripides. Swinburne. Greek??

Euripides. Swinburne. Greek??

請問這幾個單字的意思!謝謝*

4 個解答

評分
  • 匿名使用者
    2 0 年前
    最佳解答

Euripides尤利皮底思為希臘悲劇詩人, 也創作了許多戲劇類的作品. 生於西元前485年, 死於西元前406年, 一生中有兩個很有名的”婚外情”.Swinburne可為人名或地名(請問你在那裡看到此字?) Greek 希臘人補充 : when Gilbert Murry purports to give me the spirit of Euripides, I cannot help thinking that he is giving me a good deal of the spirit of Swinburne also-in other words, putting into his translation a feeling that I don't find in the Greek.當Gilbert Murry聲稱要給我尤利皮底思(Euripides)的精神, 我禁不住認為他是要給我大量的史雲朋精神(英國詩人Algernon Charles Swinburne 1837-1909 也被稱為鴿子詩人),也就是說, 要我將從希臘人裡找不到的感覺投入於翻譯他的作品當中。 英國詩人Algernon Charles Swinburne 1837-1909Given name(名字): Algernon CharlesFamily name(姓): SwinburneBirth date(生日): 5 April 1837Death date(祭日): 10 April 1909Family relations(家庭成員)          father: Charles Henry Swinburne          mother: Jane Henrietta Swinburne          sister: Isabel SwinburneLanguages(會說的語言)          English          French          ItalianEducation(教育)          Eton(伊頓中小學): 1849          Balliol College, Oxford(牛津大學Balliol學院): 24 January 1856Religions(宗教信仰)          Roman Catholic          Nihilist: 1857Politics(政治)          Tory          RepublicanHonours(得過的獎)          Second Prince Consort's prize, French and Italian: 1852          First prize, French and Italian: 1853          Taylorian scholarship for French and Italian: 1858Literary period(文學時期): Victorian Residences(住所)          Isle of Wight          Navestock          Chester Street, Grosvenor Place, London: 5 April 1837          Capheaton: 1859 to 1860          Holmwood, near Henley-on-Thames: 1866          12 North Crescent, Alfred Place, London: 1873          3 Great James Street, London: 1873Illnesses(疾病)          Epilepsy          Deafness: 1875          Pneumonia: November 1903Cause of death(死亡原因): PneumoniaBuried at(葬於): BonchurchSwinburne was born April 5, 1837, in London, the child of an admiral, Captain Charles Henry Swinburne, and Lady Henrietta Swinburne. He spent his childhood at Capheaton Hall, Bonchurch, the Isle of Wight, moved on to receive his education in classics, French and Italian and metrics at Eton (1849-54) and then Balliol College, Oxford (January 1856), but eventaully left university without a degree in 1860. His first two published works were plays, The Queen Mother and Rosamond, which came out in 1861. In the years before his first triumph, Atalanta in Calydon, published in 1865, Swinburne visited Italy, where he met Walter Savage Landor, and he lived for a time in Cheyne Row, Chelsea, with D. G. Rossetti and George Meredith. In 1864 Swinburne's cousin Mary Julia Charlotte Gordon announced that she would marry (June 1865). This news much disappointed Swinburne and is perhaps reflected in poems like "Dolores." In 1865 Swinburne brought out Chastelard, a Tragedy, the first part of a Mary Queen of Scots trilogy, to be completed by Bothwell (1874), and Mary Stuart (1881). Swinburne published his greatest volume of poems, Poems and Ballads, in 1866. It contains "Dolores," "Hymn to Proserpine," "Faustine," and a dozen other dark, exquisitely musical poems. Their voice has proved unique in English poetry, but they caused an unequalled scandal by flouting accepted Victorian moral, religious and social standards. Controversy spilled over in personal attacks on his character by John Morley (Saturday Review August 4, 1866) and others. Swinburne defended his poems as art for the sake of art, and his interests in sado-masochism as impersonal, in Notes on Poems and Reviews; and W. M. Rossetti followed suit in Swinburne's Poems and Ballads: A Criticism the same year. Swinburne's later volumes of poetry less often matched the creativity of his early years. These include Song of Italy (1867), Songs before Sunrise (1871), Erechtheus (1876), Poems and Ballads, second series (1878), Tristram of Lyonesse (1882), A Century of Roundels (1883), A Midsummer Holiday (1884), Marino Faliero (1885), Locrine (1887), Poems and Ballads, third series (1889), The Sisters (1892), Astrophel (1894), The Tale of Balen (1896), Rosamund, Queen of the Lombards (1899), A Channel Passage (1904), and The Duke of Gandia (1908). In 1879 Swinburne's alcoholism caused his legal advisor and friend Walter Theodore Watts-Dunton to take him away from London to The Pines near the bottom of Putney Hill. This personal care extended Swinburne's life by 30 years, during which he wrote astute criticism of Shakespeare, Elizabethan and Jacobean drama, Blake, and Victor Hugo (cf. Essays and Studies [1875]) as well as two novels, A Year's Letters (1877), reissued in 1905 as Love's Cross Currents, and Lesbia Brandon (1952). Swinburne never married. He died 10 April 1909. 資料來源 : http://eir.library.utoronto.ca/rpo/display/poet319...

參考資料: 自己
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 2 0 年前

原文:when Gilbert Murry purports to give me the spirit of Euripides, I cannot help thinking that he is giving me a good deal of the spirit of Swinburne also-in other words, putting into his translation a feeling that I don't find in the Greek.<吳經雄&霍姆斯 的通信>

• 2 0 年前

Euripides是三大悲劇作家之一,他所寫的Medea是外文系學生必讀的大作品,但是比起其他兩位,他在那時代並沒很被人接受,原因大概是要歸究於他那新潮的寫作手法,以Medea來說,在父權為主的希臘社會來說,是很不能接受以女性為主角的作品。

Swinburne 對不起我真的不知道是什麼,但是由於你以上問的問題都跟文學有關連所以我在想你問的應該是Swinburne一個英國詩人,著有Songs before sunrise之類的作品。

Greek是希臘人的意思,Greece是地方

• 2 0 年前

Green:希臘人、希臘文、希臘語

抱歉 Euripides & Swinburne 我查過很多字典 暫時找不到 ^^"

參考資料: myself
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。