1.What kind of person Nick Carraway is?Why is he a proper narrator of the story?
2.What kind of person Tom Bucharan is?
3.There are several depictions about Daisy`s voice.Find them out and discuss why the novelist emphasizes her voice?
4.Pay close attention to color symbolism in the novel.
5.Does Tom choose Myrtle as his mistress strike you as odd?
- James CLv 61 0 年前最佳解答
1. His honest and tolerant personality, and the fact that he is Daisy Buchanan's cousin, as well as Jay Gatsby's neighbor and good friend make him a great candidate as the book's narrator.
2. Tom Buchanan is arrogant, violent, and both racist and sexist.
3. Her voice is described as "the kind of voice that the ear follows up and down as if each speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again", "full of money", and later as "a deathless song". The novelist uses her voice to better depict her and gradually reveal her true character. From a beauty, to a weak, to a selfish and unworthy individual.
4. Green: wealth, dream; US currency uses the color green
Gray: things that are fading
Yellow: greed, also wealth
5. It seems odd at a first glance due to the great discrepancy in social status; however, Tom's selfish character and sexism makes the choice reasonable as he treats women as objects.參考資料： Self; I read the book while I was in high school