promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
FeIhOnG of Oz 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

請踴躍發表您對大英國協的看法

啊.. 小的剛剛看完了英聯邦運動會 (The Commonwealth Games)的閉幕典禮, 覺得很感動也以做為一個墨爾本人感到很自豪^^  不過後來再想了想, 小的真的很想知道:1. 大家對大英國協有什麼樣的看法? 大家對君主立憲的制度(Institutional Monarch)有什麼意見嗎? 以及大英國協對其成員的風俗文化有任何影響嗎? (例如, 英國人, 紐西蘭人和澳洲人比較會有諷刺性的幽默, 而美加的人則會比較注重政治正確性(political correctness))2. 小的也很想知道原為同根的美國人又對大英國協的人, 制度或文化又有什麼樣的看法? 有請各與大英國協有關人士, 美國人和對安格魯撒克遜人有研究的人發表意見 (如果可以的話, 請談談您們自己的親身感受好嗎? 小的不要網上摘下來的資料).  先在此謝過大家了!

已更新項目:

對了, 英文與中文的答案皆不拘.

4 個解答

評分
  • E.T.
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

It has been a hereditary tradition for Englishmen to have a nominal king in British history, which somehowsymbolizes the continuity of English history.  Thoughthe king doesn't hold any power or right to make or execute any policy, the existence of the king is acomfort to the countrymen just like Mikado to the Japanese people.  Therefore, we can often hear "Toast to the Queen!" at the beginning of any British party.  Queen Elizabeth II does mean something to her people!Though Americans think of Englishmen as hypocritical people, while the latter regard the former as rude ones, they admire their self-control and rationality, which are also some characteristics respected by other peoples.  As the descendents of Anglo-Saxon, they are immaculately dressed and always speak softly on the surface, but they also have violent ball game funs, and the lasciviously gossips of the royal family are not foreign to us.All in all, I think when a country with too long a history like the Commonwealth of Nations, the Mainland China, or the Republic of India is hard to be described in a certain sentences, not even in a single book.  There are too many aspects to be considered just from one viewpoint.             

參考資料: my thoughts
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 1 0 年前

Nevertheless, I am really grateful of chichi and Cindy for kindly sharing their perspectives from their respective backgrounds, for they truely reflect everyone's diversifed opinions. Thank you to you all!!

• 月影
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

As an New Zealander I think there is nothing wrong with the commonwealth system, maybe in the last centery it would be a big thing, but now its just a connection between each country and creates a bonding between everyone, its just sports, not war! We are there to play for the medals, not to fight for land, so whats so wrong about it?

The Queen has nothing to do with the commonwealth, when it was first set up Queen Elizabeth was just a kid!

I think the 'Institutional Monarch' is not right, but there is an prime minister in England, and the 'Royal' family is nothing but a bunch of rich celebrities, so what?

參考資料: Me, myself and my kiwi
  • 1 0 年前

Actually we think you guys are funny. Most American people don’t really understand why you guys like the queen so much. For us she is kind of funny look at. My BF’s step dad is a kiwi, apparently from some kind of manner British Tea School. He found an Australian dining place a while ago, and he went “this is what my friends would eat when we go out in Australia, but I eat English food more…it is more refined you see.” I think the only difference of people here in the US is that we don’t mind looking at the queen, but we are not a huge fan of having a symbolized ruler.

參考資料: hope you might find it helpful
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。