The 40-year-old virgin movie
Please finish the following questions and bring them to class. This homework will be counted as your participation grade.
1. What is the main theme of the movie? What do you think about the \"virgin issue\"?
2. In the movie, Andy has a group of friends \'helping\' him and \'backing him up\'. This is what we called \'peer pressure\'. What is peer pressure to you? Elaborate the question with a good example.
3. Write the vocabulary (at least 20) you learned from the movie. Remeber vocabulary words mean the words that are hard and not easy to understand.
- 1 0 年前最佳解答
1. The theme of the movie is that peer pressure could galvanize people into doing something bad. Andy's friends found ways for Andy to become a non-virgin. However, the ways they thought of were really unproper, such as finding prostitute, etc. For me, the virgin isn't really a issue. As long as I feel good about myself. The virgin isn't a issue anymore.
2. you have to think about this one yourself.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's about you)
3. i forgot most of them, go watch the video again.
2006-05-10 18:34:23 補充：
酒後... peer pressure 不是那個意思ㄅ...我等等打我ㄉ
2006-05-10 19:22:40 補充：
2. The peer pressure I have from my friend is that sometimes I don't want to smoke, but they would keep on telling me smoking feel really great. Nowadays, a lot of teenagers smoke because of peer pressure.參考資料： Me in US
- SheilsLv 51 0 年前
1.(a) I think the main character in this movie just want to get his true love and happiness for his own. He is afrid of having sex with someone doesn't mean he is a loser or he is weak. And this movie told us that people all have their own right and own way to loof for something what they really want. At the same time, you are not as similar as others does't mean you are a freak, we all have diferent life style for ourselves. (b)I think this is just everyone's own business, we don't need to tell everybody else aboust this. But people do have their right to decide whether they want to discuss it or not.
2. I think peer pressure often occurs in teenagers because they are not mature enough to figure out their own position. For example, a girl might feel pathetic for herself just because she is not skinny enough compare to other girls. Or when everybody around you are all doing a better job than you, you will feel really pressure with that.
最後一題不好意思喔, 我不記得裡面有什麼生字了, 你自己加油吧~! 我只能回答前兩題參考資料： 自己