評分
  • Miss H
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

One Art

The art of losing isn't hard to master;

so many things seem filled with the intent

to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster

of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:

places, and names, and where it was you meant

to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or

next-to-last, of three loved houses went.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,

some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.

I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.

---Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture

I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident

the art of losing's not too hard to master

though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.

-- Elizabeth Bishop

讀後感:

I think it’s safe to say that this is a really sad poem, despite the poet’s tone. She uses a casual tone and expresses that losing things (objects, people, love etc.) in life is something that hurts less and less as you experience more of it; in the end it becomes an art you could master. Yet I don’t think the she could really convince herself nor her readers of this. That’s what makes this poem sad. Because we all know that we never really get used to losing.

Also, she keeps repeating the line “the art of losing’s not hard to master”; this makes you wonder how much and exactly what she had lost before. This undernote is also what makes this poem sad, in my opinion.

參考資料: 因為自己也深受此片感動而去找這篇詩
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 1 0 年前

1927-1979 by Elizabeth Bishop

The poem ?One Art? This lovely poem is written in a difficult form -the Villanelle. This poetic style is named for the French poet Francois Villon (1431-1474). The construction of a villanelle is straightforward, however very hard to master in my opinion. It consists of five stanzas of three lines each. These five stanzas have the first and third lines rhyming (rhyme scheme A B A). A sixth and last stanza is in the form of a quatrain with three out of the four lines rhyming (rhyme scheme A B A A). In addition to the specific rhyme scheme, the first and third lines alternately recur throughout the poem, and are repeated as the last two lines of the final quatrain.

The primary challenge of the villanelle is to continue to hold the reader’s interest, even as you reuse the first and third lines from the originating stanza. Thinking up lines that can be used repeatedly without becoming boring or repetitive can be a challenge, so making them meaningful is a must. Also, reusing the lines demands that you find a array of words to rhyme with them - words that do not violate the meter of the verses, or strain the lines with too many or too few syllables.

Bishop begins with what seems to be, in effect, a ‘handbook’ on dealing with progressively greater losses. Initially the poem seems to be humorous, even as the losses become greater and greater. In the last stanza however, the cover of humor and exaggeration are dropped just enough to give us a glimpse of the speaker’s true anguish, and the poem is revealed to be a love poem.

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。