\"MOTHER,\"

A word that means the world to me.

1 個解答

評分
  • YLJ
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

Howard Johnson滿有名的,是一名作家兼作詞家,有被列名榮獲登入詞曲創作名人堂( Songwriters' Hall of Fame),他的生平簡介也是在那裏就可以找到囉:http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/exhibit_bio.a... Hall of Fame網上有關Howard Johnson的資料,整理出來的中文大意翻譯如下:作詞家霍華強森1887年6月2日生於康乃狄克州,接受一些私人音樂教育之後,前往波士頓地區的一些戲院與劇場,展開身為鋼琴師的職業生涯。1914年加入美國海軍,第一次世界大戰期間曾參加服役。戰後,他搬到紐約市,在一家出版社擔任編制內的作家(其實就是中文媒體的記者或主編),他也開始與一些知名作詞家與作曲家聯手創作。霍華強森的知名作品很多,版主寫道的 “M-O-T-H-E-R”在這裏就有被提出來。霍華強森1941年5月1日逝世於紐約。全文如下 = 

圖片參考:http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/img/caps/gree...

yricist Howard Johnson was born in Waterbury, Connecticut on June 2, 1887. After private music study, Johnson began his career as a pianist in Boston stage and film theatres. In 1914, he joined the United States Navy and served during World War I. After the war, Johnson moved to New York City where he worked as a staff writer for publishing companies on Tin Pan Alley. He began collaborating with lyricists and composers such as Milton Ager, Walter Donaldson, George Meyer, Joe Meyer, Joe Davis, Percy Wenrich, James Kendis, Harry M. Woods, James Brockman, Archie Gottler and W. Edward Breuder. One of the most prolific songwriters of popular standards, Johnson produced such hits as “Ireland Must Be Heaven For My Mother Came From There”, “Sweet Lady”, “I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream”, “What Do You Want to Make Those yes at Me For?”, “M-O-T-H-E-R”, “”What Do We Do on a Dew Dew Dewy Day”, “When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain”, “Where Do We Go From Here, Boys?”, “Bring Back My Daddy to Me”, “There’s a Broken Heart for Every Light on Broadway”, “I Don’t Want to Get Well”, “Siam”, “Georgia”, “A Word that Means the World to Me”, “Feather Your Next”, “Love Me or Leave Me Alone” and “Am I Wasting My Time on You?”. Howard Johnson died in New York City on May 1, 1941.

參考資料: Songwriters' Hall of Fame
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。