escape=toget away form someone who controlling
- 1 0 年前最佳解答
1grumpy = bad-tempered
2relative = (Adj.) (1) considered and judged by being compared with sth else
(2) considered according to its position or connection with sth else
(3) that exists or that has a particular quality only when compared
with sth else
(4) having a connection with sth; referring to sth
(5) referring to an earlier noun, sentence or part of a sentence
(N.) (1) a person who is in the same family as sb else
(2) a thing that belongs to the same group as sth else
3fabric = (1) [U, C] material made by weaving wool, cotton, silk, etc., used for making
clothes, curtains, etc. and for covering furniture
(2) [sing.] the ~ (of sth) (formal) the basic structure of a society, an
organization, etc. that enables it to function successfully
(3) [sing.] the ~ (of sth) the basic structure of a building, such as the walls,
floor and roof
4scrub = (V.) (1) ~ sth (down)| ~ (at sth) to clean sth by rubbing it hard, perhaps with a
brush and usually with soap and water
(2) [vn] (informal) to cancel sth that you have arranged to do
scrub sthoff| scrub sth off sth to remove sth from the surface of an
object by rubbing it hard with a brush, etc
(N.) (1) [sing.] an act of scrubbing sth
(2) [U] small bushes and trees
(3) [U] an area of dry land covered with small bushes and trees
(4) scrubs [pl.] (technical) the special clothes worn by surgeons when they
are doing medical operations
2006-06-26 17:56:31 補充：
- 1 0 年前
grumpy --> feeling surly and peevish
relative --> 有幾個不同意思, 看用在什麼時候及根據句子結構, 以下是一些比較常用的:
1. Having pertinence or relevance; connected or related.
2. Considered in comparison with something else 例如: the relative quiet of the suburbs.
3. Dependent on or interconnected with something else; not absolute.
1. One related by kinship, common origin, or marriage.
2. Something having a relation or connection to something else.
fabric --> cloth produced especially by knitting, weaving, or felting fibers, and the texture or quality of such cloth.
1. A straggly, stunted tree or shrub.
2. A growth or tract of stunted vegetation.
3. An undersized or poorly developed domestic animal.
4. An undersized or insignificant person.
To rub hard in order to clean, or to remove dirt or stains by hard rubbing.
1. An image or a fantastic invention created by the mind.
2. Amorous or romantic attachment; love.
1. Highly decorated 例如: a fancy hat.
2. Excessive or exorbitant 例如: paid a fancy price for the car.參考資料： dictionary.com
- 1 0 年前
a. (形容詞 adjective)
Relative to its size, the city is sparsely populated.
Nothing's fixed in this world; everything is relative.
He asked me some questions relative to the subject.
Supply is relative to demand.
My aunt is my only immediate relative.
Who, what, that, etc. are relatives.
Who, what, that等是關係詞。
These clothes are made of imported fabrics.
The whole social fabric was threatened with disintegration.
The maid is responsible for scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom floors.
She patiently scrubbed the dirty marks off the wall.
Our project was scrubbed.
The design was scrubbed at the drawing board stage as being impractical.
She scrubbed the floor clean.
He took a fancy to the girl next door.
She has a lively fancy.
Fancy sitting in the sun all day!
Fancy her saying a thing like that!
I fancy he's pretty happy.
What do you fancy for dinner?
I don't fancy walking in the rain.
- 1 0 年前
- ?Lv 41 0 年前