12. Professor Noam Chomsky joined the staff of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1955 and (A) have taught (B) has teaching (C) has been teaching (D) had been teaching at MIT continuously for the last 50 years.
13. It was (A) so (B) as (C) in (D) such a hot day that we spent the whole day in the air-conditioned room.
14. Owing a car is expensive, but a lot of people still enjoy (A) to have (B) having (C) have (D) has one.
15. The fresher the fruit is, (A) the good (B) the best (C) the better (D) the more good it tastes.
16. You can’t tell a (A) book (B) door (C) window (D) car by its cover.
17. Anne was disappointed when Kelly chose Amy to be her bridesmaid instead of her, but Amy is Kelly’s cousin and blood is thicker than (A) mud (B) dirt (C) water (D) milk.
18. I was amazed that Cathy looked so beautiful at the ball, but fine feathers make fine (A) cats (B) flies (C) birds (D) owls.
19. As family, we didn’t have much money, but the best things in life are (A) cool (B) easy (C) free (D) expensive, and we had plenty of good plain food, decent clothes and lots of love.
20. We are having a picnic in the park and there are no restrictions on the number of children who take part; (A) the more, the merrier (B) seeing is believing (C) the more you get, the more you want (D) More haste, less speed.
21. The traffic is very heavy tonight and we’re going to be late for the party; still, (A) practice makes perfect (B) actions speak louder than words (C) time is money (D) better late than never.
22. Every one soon knew that Michael’s father had been rushed to hospital; (A) as you sow, so you reap (B) bad news travels fast (C) well begun is half done (D) like father, like son.
23. You should try to do a little studying every evening throughout the semester, rather than study all night during the week before the exam; (A) slow but sure wins the race (B) a stitch in time save nine (C) the early bird catches the worm (D) time flies.
24. Every one should wash their hands (A) after (B) for (C) before (D) since a meal.
25. Be sure to look up words you don’t know (A) on (B) down (C) to (D) in a dictionary.
- ArtLv 61 0 年前最佳解答
12. (C) has been teaching
13. (D) such a
14. (B) having
15. (C) the better
16. (A) book
17. (C) water
18. (C) birds
19. (C) free
20. (A) the more, the merrier
21. (D) better late than never.
22. ((B) bad news travels fast
23. (A) slow but sure wins the race
24. (C) before
25. (D) in