STAR 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

英文文法─時式的應用問題

I want to ask a question about TENSE.

The situation is that my sister and I are watching a movie which was shot in the past, we want to discuss the plot of it in English. What tense should we use in the talk?

For example, we want to talk about the plot of Superman Returns at the moment of watching it; what TENSE (PRESENT TENSE or PAST TENSE) we should use to describe the action, expression or moving the roles have in the movie?

Eg: All the people there look (looked) up into the sky while Superman is (was) pushing the huge land high up in the air. (past or present?)

Hopefully, you realize what my question really is. Thank you~~~~

已更新項目:

To reni:

你的意思是不是意謂著,當我們在看電影、電視劇時,必須用"過去式"來討論劇情呢?就像我本文所說的....He was doing something, not he is doing something. Right?

2 個解答

評分
  • 向賢
    Lv 6
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

Don't be doubtful! Whenever we are discussing a film or TV program, we use the past tense, because everything involved occurred in the past.

2006-07-23 02:50:27 補充:

Taking your question sentences for example, you wrote,"The situation ...my sister and I are watching ....t, we want to discuss the plot of it in English. What tense should we use in the talk?". The form "be" used here is wrong. You should write "my soster and I were...."

2006-07-23 02:51:24 補充:

Sorry for misspelling the word"sister".

• 1 0 年前

因為已經是發生的事情

所以用過去式

All the people there looked up into the sky while Superman was pushing the huge land high up in the air.

Superman was pushing~這裡用過去進行式的原因是

當超人正在推東西的這個動作是先發生,而且正在進行的

所以用過去進行式

而前面的人們是因為超人將東西上拋至空中後,才往上看

所以動詞用過去式即可,因為人們的動作是在超人的動作之後才進行的

2006-07-22 23:17:24 補充:

是的,而整篇文章你用的是過去式,時態即要一致。

參考資料:
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。