My graduate professor Lu is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable person, the bookcase in his office is filled with books of many kinds of fields. His socks are always clean and tidy, transpiring the full fragrance, just like his bright and clear laugh. “Interesting…hohoho…” he always laughs in this way. Intoxicated by his heroic bearing, I study in quantum information and communications with him. Professor Lu places a very high premium on the mathematics and is very conscientious and careful on every proof we make, hence he is sometimes a little bit choosy.
One day while we were in a regular meeting, I declared that I found a nice result for my research, but professor Lu asked me to prove it for the general cases. I told him that would be a very hard task and I had no idea whether I could make it or not. Professor Lu then told me seriously: ”Now you’re facing a blind alley, you can not jump over or break through it. So what are you going to do? Just sit down and wait to starve to death?” After a moment of thought, I replied: ” I will try to find another way.” Professor Lu then nodded and said: “Very good. While I was at your age, every time I got into a plight, I just think over and over again, whether I was taking a shower or having a meal. I even dreamed about how to prove the question. Someday I woke up and the proof suddenly arose in my mind, then I made it. God bless Taiwan!”
I was stunned by his words and also his iron-like pectoral muscle. “Look at the first button of his white shirt, it’s bursting!” I thought. I’m so afraid that I could never meet such a good teacher in the rest of my life. From that day, when I see the clean socks or the broken buttons, I think of professor Lu. He taught me how to take a right attitude toward my research.
- JulieLv 61 0 年前最佳解答
1. ..., the bookcase...：另起一句The bookcase...
2. 既然是用bookcase，用filled with好像不很恰當，filled with 有把東西倒進去填滿的感覺，和書櫃的放東西的感覺不太一樣，要不要用full of? （除非你有看過用 filled with 時，有配上bookcase過）
3. ...books of many kinds of fields：用 various 或是 different fields比較順？
4. ...clean and tidy...：tidy我記得通常是形容地方或是整個人，不確定是否能單指襪子。
5. ...transpiring the full fragrance...：transpire是指排放出、散出的意思，既然是要強調有香味，要不要用 with 看看。
6. ...just like his bright and clear laugh：這邊的對比好像怪怪的，我想你中文意思是強調「爽朗」的形象吧！如果馬上用just like來對比，似乎沒有把image強調出來，邏輯上變成「他的襪子很乾淨，就像他的笑容一樣」@0@，加個句子寫上image會比較順吧！比如：他給我的形象是整潔爽朗，襪子總是乾淨戴著點香味，而他的笑聲也是明朗清亮等等。
7. intoxicated by...：intoxicate我猜你想表達的意思是沉醉，不過intoxicate比較像中毒，要不要用「影響」就好。
8. ...places a very high premium...：這邊是指他設置補貼嗎？如果不是，動詞換成「得到（obtain, get, receive等）」
9. ...conscientious and careful on ...：conscientious和careful後面接的介係詞是about才對。
10. ... hence he is sometimes ...：hence是副詞，改成and hence或是去掉逗點用so。
11. ...I declared that ...：declare有種「像眾人宣告」的感覺，我會用claim來寫0.0，或是就簡單點地用tell him。
12. ...facing a blind alley...：「面對死巷」，我想「處於死巷」會比較好，用 in a blind alley看看。
13. ... you can not jump over or break through it ...：巷子怎麼跳過？一次跳兩個牆？在比喻上似乎不太恰當，也許把facing a blind alley改成 facing a high wall會比較好。另外can not 在寫作上不能分開，用cannot比較正式。
14. ...what are you going to do....：通常是講what are you going to do about it。
15. ...wait to starve to death...：這樣寫文法沒錯，不過意思會變成「等著去餓死」，要不要改成wait for starving to death？
16. ... a moment of thought ...：文法沒錯，但是「想了一會」應該寫thinking for a moment會比較好。「的」這種of所有格雖然中文常用，不過英文比較不會這樣去用。
17. ...I replied:...：說話不用colon要用comma。改成 I replied, ...
18. while I was at your age, every time I got into a plight, I just think over and over again, whether I was taking a shower or having a meal.：兩個主要子句，every time不是附屬連接詞，我會寫成While I was at your age, I just think over and over again when I got into a plight, even in a shower or a meal. 另外，plight雖然是困境，不過比較不是遇到難題的意思，要不要改成when I couldn't solve a problem？
19 I even dreamed about how to prove the question：去掉about
20. Someday I woke up ....：改成one day
21. ... the proof suddenly arose ...：證據不是你解決問題的答案，改成answer。
22. I was stunned by his words and also his iron-like pectoral muscle.：和襪子的問題一樣，我想你是要表達他的鋼鐵般的態度，然後抓鬍子來比喻。把attitude加進去修改看看。
23. when I see the clean socks...：用whenever
都是一些修辭和用法的小錯誤，其他還有文章結構的問題就不說了。如果你的文章是公務用，可以考慮請外國人幫你修飾，我想你應該英文不錯or you've done your homework. 參考看看吧！參考資料： 我