reach 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

請問英文文法裡verbal noun跟gerund的差別?

我現在在學文法,文法書中一直提到verbal noun要怎樣怎樣........gerund要怎樣怎樣........在什麼時候要用那個而不能用這個......等等

可是我查字典2個翻譯都是動名詞,但這2個事實上是不同的東西阿

請問有達人可以告訴我到底verbal noun跟gerund分別的義思是什麼嗎..?

謝謝您......(20點)

2 個解答

評分
  • 王大
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

我現在在學文法,文法書中一直提到verbal noun要怎樣怎樣........gerund要怎樣怎樣........在什麼時候要用那個而不能用這個......等等可是我查字典2個翻譯都是動名詞,但這2個事實上是不同的東西阿請問有達人可以告訴我到底verbal noun跟gerund分別的義思是什麼嗎..?gerund:  動名詞 ---> V. + ing, 它的名詞特性可作主詞、 受詞、 補語She enjoys reading novels.  她喜歡讀書   reading 作 enjoys 的受詞Seeing is believing.  百聞不如一見 (毫無疑問的, 在 beV is 後的 believing 就是主詞 Seeing 的補語) verbal noun:  則是動詞狀的名詞, 除了動名詞外 (Ving), 也包括了不定詞 (to + V.), 不定詞的作用在名詞時與動名詞同, 但它還可以當形容詞和副詞用其實除了 verbal noun 以外, 還有 verbal adjective 動詞狀形容詞 (也就是分詞, 分詞又分為現在分詞和過去分詞), 例: a sleeping baby (正在睡覺的嬰兒, 嬰兒可以自己作動作); boiled water (開水, 水是被煮, 所以用被動式) 中的 sleeping 和 boiled 在此就是當形容詞用verbal 這個字如果單獨當名詞用, 也可以譯成"準動詞", 那就包含了以上所述之總稱, 包括了動名詞: gerund、 不定詞 infinitive、 分詞 participle) Jogging is good exercise.  慢跑是很好的運動  (這兒所提到的只是"慢跑"這件事, 而不是去"作"這個慢跑的動作), Jogging 作主詞用

2006-08-08 16:50:53 補充:

現在才看到最後兩行應放在第一行之後, 怎麼按了確定之後, 位置竟然跑掉, 這樣您看得清楚嗎?

• 登入以對解答發表意見
  • 匿名使用者
    1 0 年前

In linguistics, a gerund is a kind of verbal noun. In today's English, it can behave as a verb within a clause (so that, for example, it may be modified by an adverb or have an object), but the clause as a whole (sometimes consisting only of one word, the gerund) acts as a noun within the larger sentence. For example:

Editing this article is very easy.

Within the clause "Editing this article," the word "Editing" behaves as a verb; in particular the phrase "this article" is the object of that verb. But the whole clause "Editing this article" acts as a noun within the sentence as a whole; it is the subject of the verb "is".

In English, a verb's gerund is formed using the -ing ending. It is identical to the present participle in form, but behaves differently in syntax.

Examples of the gerund:

I like writing. (direct object)

Programming is fun. (subject)

A verbal noun is a noun formed directly as an inflexion of a verb or a verb stem, sharing at least in part its constructions. This term is applied especially to gerunds, and sometimes also to infinitives and supines.

Examples of the verbal noun in English sentences:

The question of being is an intrinsic part of philosophy. (being is a gerund)

The writing of a book is always an ambitious undertaking. (writing is the verbal noun)

I am against the removal of the previous candidate. (removal is technically a verbal noun, but see below)

To speak is not to listen. (to speak and to listen are infinitives acting as nouns; in other words: Speaking means that one is not listening; here, speaking is a gerund, and listening a present participle)

Going is hardly as easy as standing. (going and standing are imperfect participles, or infinitives in -ing acting as nouns; in other words, gerunds)

I am sorry that I don't know how to type traditional chinese. But anyway, hope you can understand that.

• 登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。