promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ack 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

想知道這兩組英文單字在用法上有什麼不同?

請問有誰知道"faith","confidence"以及"breathtaking","glorious"這兩組單字的意思和用法有什麼不同?

1 個解答

評分
  • 1 0 年前
    最佳解答

faith (fth) 信心、信仰

n.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.

3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.

4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.

5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.

6. A set of principles or beliefs.

Idiom:

in faith

Indeed; truly.

con·fi·dence 自信

n.

1 a : a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances <had perfect confidence in her ability to succeed> <met the risk with brash confidence> b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way <have confidence in a leader>

2 : the quality or state of being certain : CERTITUDE <they had every confidence of success>

3 a : a relation of trust or intimacy <took his friend into his confidence> b : reliance on another's discretion <their story was told in strictest confidence> c : support especially in a legislative body <vote of confidence>

4 : a communication made in confidence : SECRET <accused him of betraying a confidence>

Faith比較傾向是相信某種既定的信仰、信念、價值或是原則。

e.g I have my own faith.我有自己的信念

Confidence 則傾向是發自內心的感覺或是自我的意識知覺衍生出來的相信。

e.g. I have confidence. 我有自信心。

兩者在某些用法上,如傾向trus的意思,則類似。

e.g. I have faith in you. (I trust that you can do it.)

I have confidence in you. (I trust that you can do it.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

淺見,請參考。

2006-09-29 02:14:34 補充:

glo·ri·ous (glôr-s, glr-) 榮耀地adj.1. Having or deserving glory; famous.2. Conferring or advancing glory: a glorious achievement.3. Characterized by great beauty and splendor; magnificent: a glorious sunset.4. Delightful; wonderful: had a glorious visit with old friends.著重於光榮、榮譽、輝煌的感覺。

2006-09-29 02:17:31 補充:

請看意見,因為總內容過長,無法填入

2006-09-29 02:17:49 補充:

breath·tak·ing (brthtkng) 驚人地 adj.

1. Inspiring or exciting: a breathtaking view; a breathtaking ride.2. Astonishing; astounding: breathtaking insensitivity.

著重於令人驚艷、震驚的感覺

****甚至可以一起用,e.g. Such a glorious and breathtaking sunset!

淺見,請參考

參考資料: 自己與thefreedictionary online
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。