?
Lv 5
? 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

請問Aesop說的這一句話是什麼意思呢?

我現在曉得Aesop就是伊索寓言的伊索了,可是他講的這一句話又是什麼意思呢?

You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil.

Aesop (620 BC-560 BC)

5 個解答

評分
  • Adam
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

這是故事的內容:(from: http://www.aesopsfables.net/?FableID=3&searchterms... Lion's Share The Lion went once a-hunting along with the Fox, the Jackal, and the Wolf. They hunted and they hunted till at last they surprised a Stag, and soon took its life. Then came the question how the spoil should be divided. "Quarter me this Stag," roared the Lion; so the other animals skinned it and cut it into four parts. Then the Lion took his stand in front of the carcass and pronounced judgment: The first quarter is for me in my capacity as King of Beasts; the second is mine as arbiter; another share comes to me for my part in the chase; and as for the fourth quarter, well, as for that, I should like to see which of you will dare to lay a paw upon it." "Humph," grumbled the Fox as he walked away with his tail between his legs; but he spoke in a low growl, "You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil."這篇故事我就不翻了,內容應該很容易理解!這句話是在獅子說誰敢對第四份食物下手的時候,狐狸在夾著尾巴逃走時所講的話,意思很清楚,就是:捕捉獵物這麼費勁的工作你要人家來跟你分擔,可是輪到要享用捕獲的食物時,你就不願意跟我們分享了! (你真是個能同苦難不能共甘甜的人啊)做事的辛勞(the labours of the great : the great 可以指要緊事)the spoil 指的是獵物,戰利品!所以英文才會有have/get the lion's share (享有最大的好處/份量等) 這個片語!

參考資料: myself
  • 1 0 年前

你可以分享辛苦的勞力所獲得的成就感, 但是你將不會分奪掠奪後的好處

這句話就是辛苦獲得的榮耀是值得的, 而不是踩著別人往上爬

希望可以幫到你!

參考資料: 我自己
  • 1 0 年前

labours 努力, 辛勞

the great 偉大的人物

spoil 利益 (通常是指戰利品,贓物,掠奪之物等....)

你可以分享偉人們的努力,卻無法分享其利益.

你可以分擔偉人們的辛勞, 卻不能分享成果.

先看這一則寓言故事是在說什麼? 你就會了解這句話的意思了. (我沒看過.)

2006-10-11 09:30:50 補充:

故事的大意是: 獅子. 野狗. 狐狸和狼 一齊去打獵, 在獵到了一隻牡鹿之後, 卻只有獅子獨享其果. 野狗. 狐狸和狼什麼好處也沒撈到.

參考資料:
  • 1 0 年前

你可以分享偉大的勞動,但是你將不分享掠奪品。

有點徒勞無功的意思吧!

參考資料: ME
  • 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 怡秀
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

您可以分享勞方偉大, 但您不會分享掠奪物。

Aesop (620 BC-560 BC)

伊索(BC 620 BC-560)

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。