- 先生Lv 51 0 年前最佳解答
Duffy’s Cliff was a 10-foot-high mound which formed an incline in front of the left field wall from 1912 to 1933, extending from the left-field foul pole to the flag pole in center; named after the Red Sox’s Duffy Lewis, the acknowledged master of defensive play on the cliff. It was greatly reduced but not completely eliminated in 1934. In 1940, in an effort to help Ted Williams hit home runs, the Red Sox added the right-field bullpens, known as Williamsburg, which reduced the distance to the fence by 23 feet. On June 13, 2005, in a ceremony before the Red Sox played the Cincinnati Reds at Fenway Park for the first time since the 1975 World Series, the left field foul pole was named "Fisk Pole." The ceremony honored Carlton Fisk, who hit the famous home run just inside the pole to win the 6th game of the series. The right-field stands are only 302 feet from home plate at the foul pole. That foul pole was once nicknamed "Pesky’s Pole." Red Sox pitcher Mel Parnell coined the term, after Pesky hit a home run just beyond the famous pole. That home run was one of only six homers Pesky ever hit at Fenway Park, and it won the game for Parnell. Although the roof over the grandstand in right seems to invite home runs, no one has ever hit one over it.也可以參考Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenway_Park和SoSH WiKi (裡面有一些圖片)http://www.sonsofsamhorn.net/wiki/index.php/Fenway...