promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
T J
Lv 4
T J 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

TheRedTent(Prologue)

please translate following sentences to me cus some of them don't make sense to me. don't use translator!!

1.The chain connecting mother to daughter was broken and the word passed to the keeping of men, who had no way of knowing.

2.Maybe you heard it in the music of my name: the first vowel high and clear, as when a mother calls to her child at dusk; the second sound soft, for whispering secrets on pillows.

3.Rachel showed me where to place the midwife’s bricks and how to fix my hair.

4.And you should know that my mothers were sisters as well, Laban’s daughters by different wives, though my grand father never acknowledged Zilpah and Bilhah; that would have cost him two more dowries, and he was a stingy pig.

5.In the ruddy shade of the red tent, the menstrual tent, they ran their fingers through my curls, repeating the escapades of their youths, the sagas of their childbirths.

6.Rachel came running into camp, knees flying, bellowing like a calf separated from its mother.

7.He clenched his fists and beetled his brow and turned his full attention to Rachel

8.For me, the most wonderful detail of Rachel’s perfection was her cheeks, which were high and tight on her face, like figs.

1 個解答

評分
  • 1 0 年前
    最佳解答

1.The chain connecting mother to daughter was broken and the word passed to the keeping of men, who had no way of knowing.

連繫母親與女兒的鎖鏈被打斷了,

這些話傳到照顧女兒且無知的男人們耳裡

2.Maybe you heard it in the music of my name: the first vowel high and clear, as when a mother calls to her child at dusk; the second sound soft, for whispering secrets on pillows.

也許你聽過我的名字的音樂: 第一個母音是高音且清楚的

就像媽媽在黃昏時叫她的小孩; 第二個聲音是溫柔的

如在枕邊輕聲細語

3.Rachel showed me where to place the midwife’s bricks and how to fix my hair.

拉結(Rachel)告訴我哪裡可以安排接生員 ’s bricks 知道如何

幫我打理頭髮

4.And you should know that my mothers were sisters as well, Laban’s daughters by different wives, though my grand father never acknowledged Zilpah and Bilhah; that would have cost him two more dowries, and he was a stingy pig.

你必須知道我媽媽就像我姐姐一樣 Laban’s 是不同母親生下的女兒 因此我的爺爺從不承認Zilpah和Bilhah 那會讓他多付兩份嫁妝, 爺爺是一隻討厭的臭豬

5.In the ruddy shade of the red tent, the menstrual tent, they ran their fingers through my curls, repeating the escapades of their youths, the sagas of their childbirths.

在紅色的帳棚裡, 每月一次的, 他們把手指放入我的捲髮

重複著年輕的越軌行為, 這是他們的童年記事

6.Rachel came running into camp, knees flying, bellowing like a calf separated from its mother.

Rachel 跑來帳棚, 膝蓋飛舞著, 像個失去母親的小牛似的吼叫

7.He clenched his fists and beetled his brow and turned his full attention to Rachel

他握緊拳頭 皺眉頭 然後 注意力放在Rachel身上

8.For me, the most wonderful detail of Rachel’s perfection was her cheeks, which were high and tight on her face, like figs.

對我而言最有趣的, Rachel’s的細節是

他們的臉頰像無花果一樣高而結實

參考資料: me
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。