- 拉達克Lv 71 0 年前最佳解答
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Entry to Czartoryski Museum, Kraków, early June 2005
The Czartoryski Museum was founded in Kraków in 1796 by Princess Izabela Czartoryska to preserve Polish heritage in keeping with the Princess' motto: "The Past to the Future".
The first objects in the so-called "Temple of Memory" were trophies commemorating the victory against the Turks at the Battle of Vienna in 1683. The Museum also features historical artifacts from the looted treasures of the Wawel Cathedral, the Royal Castle and other objects donated by Polish noble families (Szlachta). Izabela also bought the treasures of the Duke of Brabant, including his books which were considered a particular highlight of the collection. Influenced by the Romantic artistic movement, she also acquired objects of sentimental significance that represented the glory and misery of human life. Among these were Shakespeare's chair, fragments from the grave of Romeo and Juliet, ashes of El Cid and Ximena from the Cathedral of Burgos, and relics from Abelard and Heloise, and Petrarch and Laura.
In 1798, Izabela's son, Prince Adam Jerzy Czartoryski, traveled to Italy and acquired Lady with an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael's Portrait of A Young Man, and many Roman antiquities. However, Prince Adam Jerzy was always more a politician than an art-collector. He was sentenced to death by the Russians after the 1830 November Uprising and forced to flee across Europe. He established himself in Paris, and in 1843 bought The Hotel Lambert, which became both the center of operations for the exiled Czartoryski magnate, and the Living Museum of Poland. All the objects from the first museum were displayed in Paris.