1.Even the gait of these intrepid souls eager to close lucrative business deals, were slowed by the waves of heat raising from the steamy concrete sidewalks and molten asphalt roads.______raising還有 ,were為什麼錯
2.My efforts were in vain unfortunately because the water a few feet from the surface lacked the cool temperatures I carved, and covered with salt and sand, I returned to the shore and lay down on my blanket.
with salt and sand, I returned to 中間為什麼不要有連接詞
3.After seeing the city people struggling for comfort, I am glad to reach the nearest beach, where I heard radios . Blaring out cries for relief from the heat. _______am和 .Blaring relief為什麼錯
4. I saw athletes playing volleyball in the scorching sand and swimmers bobbing up and down in the ocean’s waves, a few people sat by the water’s edge or waded in the shallow tidal pools~_______waves,為什麼錯
1.The sun and the high humidity were producing such intense heat that I felt as if they were sitting on my doorstep. hey為什麼錯
2.Even the air conditioning, did not succeed in diminishing the heat in their four-wheel pressure cooker. their為什麼錯
3.After every spraying, the kids dodging the scorching sidewalks to save his feet from blisters. his為什麼錯
4.When I drove through town, City public works employees, drowsy from the intolerable heat, lounged on park benches for an all-day lunch brake. City和brake為什麼錯(可以分析一下這句結構嗎?我不太瞭解)
5.Everyone-young and old- trudged along the sidewalks, each was clothed as comfortably as possible. sidewalks,(有包刮逗點) 為什麼錯
6.Most people, seeking comfort, were wearing shorts and light-weight shirts；their feet encased in sandals. encased為什麼錯
7.Only a few stalwart businesspeople insist upon wearing thre-piece suits with long-sleeved shirts and vests. nsist為什麼錯
第三題Blaring out cries for relief 中relief有錯.為什麼?
- 手癢治蟲Lv 61 0 年前最佳解答
1. Even the gait of these intrepid souls eager to close lucrative business deals, were slowed by the waves of heat raising from the steamy concrete sidewalks and molten asphalt roads.
(2) 熱氣是自已昇騰的，當然是用 rising. 例如 I raise the flag. The sun rise from the East. (請參考及物動詞 & 不及物動詞的用法，類似的動詞還有…well 手邊沒字點還一時想不出來。
.My efforts were in vain unfortunately because the water a few feet from the surface lacked the cool temperatures I carved, (應為crave) and (was 被省略了) covered with salt and sand, I returned to the shore and lay down on my blanket.
把這句簡化成 因為「水」(S) 缺少(V) 涼意，我就回去了。Because the water lacked cool temperature, I returned.
你的問題應該是被一堆後位修飾給搞混了。這一句中水是主詞; 怎樣的水??? The water a few feet from surface, (離表面只有數尺的水)
low temperature是受詞，是我渴求的涼意，low temperature I craved
不過這句話也有錯，分成兩句才正確。My efforts were in vain unfortunately. Because the water…..
After seeing the city people struggling for comfort, I am glad to reach the nearest beach, where I heard radios . Blaring out cries for relief from the heat.
我不太認為 am 有錯。
看過了城市人辛苦追求舒適，我很高興能… 不管我回去了沒，我現在不能高興嗎? 我現在不能 glad to reach the beast嗎？(言下之意我很願意去海邊，但還沒去。) 我也可以 I am glad to have reached the beach. (言下之意我去了海邊)
如果blaring out 前沒句點 ，b 小寫，blaring out 是到了海邊之後的附屬的動作，就沒錯。(發出我對從熱浪中解脫出來的呼求)
我也認為句 4 的waves 沒
2007-03-14 18:57:39 補充：
sorry 沒看仔細，blaring out... 是描述radio應譯成 收音機發出對從熱浪中解脫出來的呼求) 樓上的解釋是對的。
但我還是認為 am 純就這句的解釋是可以的。
After seeing these pictures, I am glad to see the place I was born. 如果你現在看了你童年的照片後，你現在想看看你出生的地方，你會因為後面修飾地方的動詞是過去式就認定要用was 嗎？
2007-03-16 13:41:49 補充：
Thanks! Not argue just discuss. Actually, I really enjoy the happiness of 執經問難 with you.
同意您第二題的看法，是我打錯了 (I was 被省略了)
的確單一的句子裏我們可以寫 Covered with salt and stand, I returned to the shore.
我會特別指出省略，是想讓發問者不要被一堆條件或後位修飾給搞亂了，作這種腦筋急轉彎的文法題，最忌諱找不出主詞 and 動詞。
2007-03-16 13:43:30 補充：
因為Because 所帶出的副詞子句中有個 and，是兩個原因， (1)water lacks cool temperature與(2) I was covered兩者之間平行的，都是指Because後的原因，一般不可省略，但為了語氣通順作者特意省略了 I was. 因為後面又緊接了一個 I returned
2007-03-16 13:44:30 補充：
For item 4, I agree in most of the status the verb should be “WAS” especially you read from context. Were this a quiz of selection, I would, of course, choose it. 別跟成績過意不去。在此只是就單一句討論，當然這句是從一整段文章抄下來的，was 的可能當然是最大。
2007-03-19 11:21:24 補充：
- AlLv 61 0 年前
I will try:
1. The gait is singular, so were is wrong.
It should be raised, not raising. Raised and molten are parallel.
2. The cool temperatures I carved (craved?)
After because, you don`t use a conjunction. Because ..., I
3. It is past tense. Can you tell `where I heard radios?` So `am` is wrong.
Where I heard radios blaring out cries. Blaring out is to modify radios, so it can`t be in a separate sentence.
4. Waves. I don`t know. Lots of listings for ocean`s waves, ocean waves, ocean wave on the Internet.
2007-03-15 12:28:10 補充：
2. What was covered with salt and sand? The subject is `I.` I was covered with salt and sand and I returned .. (was 被省略了) 請看看, 沒有省略吧？ 感謝.
2007-03-15 12:33:26 補充：
3. After seeing the city people struggling for comfort, I am 這該是 I was, 不是 am. After I saw the city people struggling for comfort, I was glad to reach the nearest shore. 看到 city people 是過去看到的.
1. You probably are right about rising (raising). Thanks a lot.
2007-03-15 12:41:51 補充：
3. where I heard radios blaring..... I was glad and where I heard must match.
2007-03-16 21:45:11 補充：
For #1, I think it should be risen, not rising, what do you think? Thanks a lot.
2007-03-18 11:24:29 補充：
感謝好伯, what do you think of #1?
2007-03-19 02:00:45 補充：
#1 rising 是對的。
2007-03-19 02:08:56 補充：
Because you still don`t understand, I am giving you this example.
You don't need 連接詞 before I am.