Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. When did Martin become a minister?
2. Where did Martin go to college?
3. Who did Martin marry?
4. What did Martin lead in Monthomery, Alabama?
5. What was the famous speech that Martin gave in Washington, DC?
Would you please answer my few questions if you know them, thanks!!
- 人Lv 51 0 年前最佳解答
2.King entered Morehouse College at the age of fifteen, as he skipped his ninth and twelfth high school grades without formally graduating. In 1948, he graduated from Morehouse with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in sociology, and enrolled in Crozer Theological Seminary in Chester, Pennsylvania and graduated with a Bachelor of Divinity (B.D.) degree in 1951. In September of that year, King began doctoral studies in Systematic Theology at Boston University and received his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) on June 5, 1955.
3.Coretta Scott King
4. In 1953, at the age of twenty-four, King became pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, in Montgomery, Alabama. On December 1, 1955, Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to comply with the Jim Crow laws that required her to give up her seat to a white man. The Montgomery Bus Boycott, urged and planned by E. D. Nixon (head of the Montgomery NAACP chapter and a member of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters) and led by King, soon followed. (In March of the same year, a 15 year old school girl, Claudette Colvin, suffered the same fate but King refused to become involved, instead preferring to focus on leading his church.) The boycott lasted for 382 days, the situation becoming so tense that King's house was bombed. King was arrested during this campaign, which ended with a United States Supreme Court decision outlawing racial segregation on all public transport.
5.I have a dream.
2007-04-07 12:04:33 補充：
Please go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King
for more information.