Livia 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

誰能幫我翻譯這一段英文

大概了解他寫什麼.但希望有更詳細的翻譯.因為自己翻譯出來的意識都怪怪的.願大家幫忙

You can judge leaders by the size of the problems they tackle.

In one of the “Peanuts” comic strips,Charlie Brown says,”There’s no problem so big that Ican’t run from it”We all have felt exactly like the lion tamer who put this advertisement in the paper:”Lion tamer wants tamer lion.”

Yet, in my observation of peopleand their problems,I have noticed that the size of the person is more important than the size of the problem. Problems look larger or smaller according to whether the person is large or small.

Recently, I spoke with Marcia , a lady who was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and had a mastectomy. She is doing very well. But she shared with me a concern for others who had the same problem and were not doing well. There seemed to be a big difference berween Marcia and others who had the same problem. I could have predicted physical recovery for Marcia. She was positive from the beginning of her problem. Our focus as a leader should be to build big people. Big people will handle big issues effectively.

已更新項目:

~霧~.

謝謝你的翻譯.翻譯的很好.

不好意思可以在請你幫我翻另一段嗎?!

一樣是20點贈送.謝謝

1 個解答

評分
  • ~Ãú~
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

You can judge leaders by the size of the problems they tackle.

In one of the “Peanuts” comic strips,Charlie Brown says,”There’s no problem so big that Ican’t run from it”We all have felt exactly like the lion tamer who put this advertisement in the paper:”Lion tamer wants tamer lion.”

Yet, in my observation of peopleand their problems,I have noticed that the size of the person is more important than the size of the problem. Problems look larger or smaller according to whether the person is large or small.

Recently, I spoke with Marcia , a lady who was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and had a mastectomy. She is doing very well. But she shared with me a concern for others who had the same problem and were not doing well. There seemed to be a big difference berween Marcia and others who had the same problem. I could have predicted physical recovery for Marcia. She was positive from the beginning of her problem. Our focus as a leader should be to build big people. Big people will handle big issues effectively.

我們可以從一位領導者面對的難題來斷定他的能力.

在’’Peanuts’’ 漫畫(史努比)的其一, Charlie Brown (查理布朗) 曾說過: ‘’ 這世上永遠不會有問題大到我無法逃避的程度.’’

我想我們都曾有過這種感覺, 一種像個訓獸師登刊廣告 ’’徵求更溫馴的獅子’’ 的心態. 但根據我對人們跟他們面對的問題的觀察, 我發覺人的根本志向跟個性比面對的問題大小還要重要. 對於有不同心胸, 抱負與能力的人, 問題的大小也自然不同.

我不久前跟Marcia 談過, 一位兩年前罹患癌症並切除胸部的女士. 她過的非常好, 她跟我談論到她對一些面對跟她同樣問題, 但卻無法好好面對人生的人的擔心. 那些人跟Marcia 似乎有著很強烈的對比, 雖然他們面對的是同樣的問題. 我幾乎可以預料Marcia 的康復程度. 她從一開始就以非常正面與樂觀的態度去面對. 身為一個領袖, 應該要注重於培養有寬大心胸, 長遠抱負與志向的人, 這些人才能更有效的面對較艱辛的難題.

(Big People 不是指體型大隻的人, 這邊我翻為 有寬大心胸,長遠抱負與志向的人 )

參考資料: myself
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。