1. When and from where did the immigrants come? How many came? What are the statistics?
2. Why did they come? What were the push/pull factors?
3. Where did they settle?
4. What industries did they work in? What skills did they bring with them?
5. What unique customs did they bring with them?
6. How did their social lives differ from Canadian society?
7. What difficulties did they encounter in Canada?
8. What contributions has the group made to Canadian society?
9. Who were some of the major personalities of the ethnic group and what were their achievements?
誰能回答第6.8和9題 如果要補充其他問題的答案也很好~ 謝
- 金融新兵Lv 51 0 年前最佳解答
1. When: Around late 1800s-early 1900s. Other statistics... I'm not too sure about them
2. Reasons: Gold Rush, Canadian Pacific Railway construction (labour)
Push factors include overpopulation, pull factors include the possibility of acquiring economic wealth (CPR employers were signing contracts with immigrants to work on the railway)
3. Mostly in British Columbia because the Gold Rush was in Barkerville and construction workers were scarce in the CPR sections in BC
4. The majority of immigrants were miners or construction workers. No skills in particular... they were just capable of doing hard labour.
5. Religion was a big one; I read somewhere that Chinese construction workers refused to work while there was a dead comrade who had fallen off a cliff beside the railway, and they forced their White employers into lowering a dynamite in order to destroy the body (and hence the curse)
6. Not sure about this one...
7. Largely... racism. Canadian government paid Chinese workers significantly less than white workers, and they also cut living costs and also the fee for transportation [from China to Canada]. Then when the Chinese actually came to Canada, they were charged heavy head tax. The government basically wanted them out, so even though immigrants kept coming in, and the government kept increasing the tax, the Chinese still continued to immigrate to Canada.
8 and 9... I don't really know
- 匿名使用者6 年前
無法連結, 請複製網址到瀏覽器 → yam8