Multiple Choice Questions
1. Advances in informational technologies have affected the tasks and functions of
managers. A)top , B)middle C)first-layer 7 D)all of the above
2. A manager is deciding which programs to initiate. He is acting as a:
A)entrepreneur B) negotiator C)inonitor 7 D)liaison E)resource allocator
3. Entrepreneurs are likely to be high on - . A)need for power and self-esteem ,
B)need for affiliation and extroversion , C)need for achievement and agreeableness
D)need for achievement and self-esteem , E)need for power and need for
4. According to McClelland, the extent to which a person has a strong desire to control
and to influence others is known as: A) the need for affiliation 7 B) the need for
self-esteem , C) the need for power 7 D) the need for conscientiousness ,
E)the need for achievement.
5. Formal standards and rules that spell out how managers should make ethical
decisions within the organization are called: A)societal ethics , B)a social audit
C)codes of ethics , D) whistle-blowing E) stereotyping.
6. Individuals and groups that have an interest, a claim, or stake in an organization are
known as: A)Stockholders , B)Stakeholders C)Claim jumpers D)The task
environment 7 E)The general environment
7. Which of the following is valued highly by a society that has an achievement
orientation? A)Assertiveness , B)Performance , C)Success D) Competition 7
E)A11 of the above
8. Which type of power is based on the specialized knowledge and skills of the leader?
A)Legitimate power 1 B)Referent power > C)Expert power D)Coercive power 1
9. Managers should design flexible structures for their organization when: A) its
environment is,stable 1 B)its technology is simple C)its workforce is highly skilled >
D)its strategy is well understood E)its strategy is simple
10. In the design of an organization, another name for "market structure" is:
A)product structure B)geographic structure 1 C)custoiner structure >
D)functional structure E)divisional structure.