Antman 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

請問 database 和 archive 有何不同?

這兩個不是都是資料庫嗎?有不同嗎?

還是其實都一樣的,只是以前講 database 而現在流行講 archive 而已?

請不要大量複製不經消化然後再轉貼到這裡。

我期待的是言之有物的答案,不需要以量取勝。能附有證據的話當然是最好。

謝謝大家!

已更新項目:

Thanks a lot for your reply, tinsoldier_x. ^_^

According to your reply, is it appropriate to say that normally database is bigger than archive, or that a section/sections in a database will, so to speak, be preserved as an archive/archives?

2 個已更新項目:

I tried e-mailing you but failed because you disenabled it. ^_^

I think I'm already very happy with your answer as is because what you said is pretty much the same as what I saw in the on-line dictionaries, but you provide with much more details and that really clear things up for me.

2 個解答

評分
  • 1 0 年前
    最佳解答

Hi there,

Database is , well, database :)

Archive is a 'backup' of old data required by a database, usually in database recovery process. For example, Oracle is a database. You can configure it to run in archive log mode , or no archive log mode. With the archive mode enabled, the database will save all the transactions as archive, and you can use this archive to recover a crashed database, etc.

Hope that helps.

2008-02-13 11:31:06 補充:

Well, it is a bit hard to explain in such a small space :) Depending on the implementation and requirements, archive size can be anywhere between zero, to many times the size of a running database. I have a customer whose production database hits 200Gb, and it generates 40Gb of archive every day :)

2008-02-13 11:31:26 補充:

Email me if you need more details. Cheers!

2008-02-13 11:37:51 補充:

Archive can contain any data that has gone into/out of the database. Yes, it can even contain data that has been removed from your database :)

• 1 0 年前

Sorry about the e-mail thing. It was my problem, hehe.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。