- PeterLv 61 0 年前最佳解答
v (past blocked, past participle blocked,present participle blocking, 3rd person presentsingular blocks)
1. vt obstruct: to prevent or hinder movement through, into, or out ofsomething
The drains are blocked with leaves.
He stood in front of me, blocking my way.
2. vt hinder somebody’s or something’s movement or progress: to preventsomething from moving or developing
Her promotion was blocked by the senior vice-president
3. vt obstruct sight of something: to obstruct somebody’s line of sight
4. vti sports obstruct player or ball: to prevent a ball or anotherplayer from moving forward
5. vti football obstruct player: to prevent a defensive player frominterfering with movement toward the goal
6. vti medicine prevent normal functioning: to prevent the normalfunctioning of a physiological process
a blocked tear duct
7. vti fail to remember: to fail to remember something or to have apsychological block
block a memory
8. vt make into block: to shape something into a block
9. vt support with block: to support or strengthen something using ablock
10. vt shape on block: to mold something with or on a block
11. vt printing stamp using block: to stamp a surface with a title orusing an engraved block
12. vti theater rehearse basic movements for scene: to plan and rehearsethe basic movements and positions for the actors in a scene
13. vt military blockade: to blockade a place (archaic)
[14th century. Via Old French bloc from Middle Dutch blok “tree trunk.”]
block and level to level a portable structure by placing blocks of variousheights under its corners
on the block for sale at an auction
Excuse me, you are blocking my way.