Kathy 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

幫我訂正英文 part 3

Why did the Chinese men have the argument about foot-binding women during the 20th century?

Thesis: the men did not want the women who had the foot-binding because these people got the Western education and studied abroad outside of China such as Kang Youwei. The footbinding was the barbaric custom to the foreigner. During the 20th century, the biggest women emancipation was May Fourth movement which helped women unbound their feet. These people were made by the college students in May Fourth movement. They advanced freedom and equality for women and country. Hong pointed that the May Fourth Movements reflected the Western theories which are brought democracy, equality and freedom for Chinese women (293). He described the anti-footbinding doubted Confucianism and spread the Chinese women social eyesight in society. Hong showed May Fourth movement gave the women future and new possibilities ways to go, but the movement could not cover all women of “physical, economic, cultural and political liberation” (291).

已更新項目:

Please correct my grammar. Do not translate my essay to Chinese.

thanks a lot

2 個解答

評分
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

See => for correction. I also make some corrections for sentences to flow better besides grammar corrections.

=> Studies showed that Chinese men, who did not want Chinese women binding their feet, studied abroad and received Western education, such as Kang You Wei.

=> Foot-binding was a barbaric Chinese tradition to the foreigners.

=> During the 20th century, the largest Chinese women emancipation was the May Fourth Movement, which helped Chinese women unbind their feet.

(or => ……., which abolished the custom of binding Chinese women’s feet.)

=> People participated in this event were college students. They fought for Chinese women’s right as well as others’ for freedom and equality.

=> Hong pointed out that the May Fourth Movement applied Western theory that brought democracy, equality and freedom to Chinese women.

=> He described that anti foot-binding challenged Confucianism and promoted Chinese women’s social status.

=> Hong further stated that the May Fourth Movement provided Chinese women with future and options. However, this movement did not touch cultural and political liberation for Chinese women.

** I don’t quite understand what you wanted to state here. What do you mean by physical and economic liberation for Chinese women?

I don’t think that the May Fourth Movement talked about economic liberation for anyone. Also, what is physical liberation?

2008-04-20 22:13:50 補充:

For those who vote for the answers, please look at this question closely. The requester was asking for grammar and word usage correction, not Chinese translation.

2008-04-20 22:20:21 補充:

For the voters, please vote with your conscience and don't try to manipulate the votes. I have seen the same group of people voting for another question of this requester to the same person who answered the question without making any correction.

2008-04-20 22:28:20 補充:

Hi, 匿名

Don't try to manipulate the votes. This is a place to people to learn and get knowledge.

taco( 知識貧民 ) 2008-04-20 18:06:43 投票編號 001

皓哥( 初學者 5 級 ) 2008-04-20 18:05:46 投票編號 001

匿名( 初學者 2 級 ) 2008-04-20 18:04:47 投票編號 001

參考資料: Myself. Studied English abroad at the age of 11. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
  • 匿名
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

在20世紀期間中國男人為什麼有關於捆腳的婦女的辯論?

論文︰ 男人不想要有捆腳的那些婦女,因為這些人得到西方的教育並且遊學,除象Kang Youwei那樣的中國外。 footbinding是外國人的粗野的風俗。 在20世紀期間,最大的婦女解放是幫助婦女的五四運動無約束的他們的腳。 這些人大學生在五四運動內打。 他們為婦女和國家提升自由和平等。 Hong 指五四運動反映出哪個帶來民主,平等和自由給中國女子的西理論 ( 293 ) . 他描述反footbinding 懷疑孔教並且傳播中國婦女社會視力在社會內。 Hong 顯示五四運動給婦女將來和新可能性模式去, 但是運動不能包括身體,經濟,文化和政治解放的全部婦女

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。