vivian
Lv 5
vivian 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

HOW TO STOP BREASTFEED

My baby is already 2 and half years old, and he still loves breastfeed.

I have tried a lot of different ways which like putting bang aids, spicy, bitter, and vinegar.

He enjoys sacking nipples more than eating the breast milk.

How can I stop him?

I need some help.

Thanks

5 個解答

評分
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

Wow, that’s pretty long, but it is good to the baby. I breastfed both my babies up to a year.

It is usually harder for babies to give up breastfeeding when they are over a year old especially for the night-time feed. Breastfeeding for them is an emotional attachment, you should ensure that you gradually reduce your feeds, and offer him all the love and affection during the weaning period.

Some suggestions are:

Try eliminating the number of breastfeeding. That's how I did it. If he asks for it, replace it with a sippy cup filled with water or whole milk or the expressed mother’s milk. Since your baby is over 2 years, I would not suggest giving him a bottle. Have someone other than you feed the baby or feeding the baby facing out (his back to your stomach).

If your son wakes up in the middle of the night, it is best to have someone other than you to soothe the baby, so he is less likely to ask to be breastfed.

By the way, you need to be firm with your baby, start by putting limits on where and when you breastfeed.

I have heard people covering breast with mustard and say “eeww” to indicate that it was really disgusting. However, don’t let him taste it because he might like the taste.

Other way may be to introduce more activities to him so he forgets about breastfeeding.

參考資料: My own experience - breastfeeding two babies
  • Sphinx
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

這是要問如何斷奶還是要英翻中?

2008-06-21 10:06:19 補充:

如果你是要回答你的英文的問題的話,提供我的經驗給你參考:

其實並不難,只是你一定要下定決心,孩子會知道你的決心而配合你的.

第一也是最基本的就是你要狠下心來,不管孩子怎麼哭,怎麼鬧,一定要堅持原則,不給就是不給.

第二不要給baby看到你的breast,以免刺激他.

第三,把孩子帶出去外面玩,不要母子(or女)兩人待在家裏,沒有外物的刺激,baby會覺得很無聊,就又來向你撒嬌了.

我就是這樣做到的.

祝你成功,否則真的很累.

2008-06-21 10:43:53 補充:

對不起,第二點我不應該說breast,那是不可能的. sorry, ^.^'''

我的意思是不要讓他看到你的nipples,

參考資料: 我,兩個孩子的媽
  • Sigma
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

It is more of psychological reasons than the demand of fresh milk.

If you can cope with his habbit, maybe it is not a bad idea just to allow him to keep it until due time. Nature will call when it is a proper time.

However, if it troubles you to some extent . My suggestion is to insist on hugs and cuddles as a replacement of sacking nipples. Be kind and gentle to direct his demand towards somewhat you can accept. But you have to stick on your rules. Your baby will understand soon.

參考資料: myself
  • IRCA
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

You could demand all person around your baby to

shame his " nipple addiction " , that should help baby away from nipple

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • jason
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

HOW TO STOP BREASTFEED~~~

well, a man like me may not be suitable to answer the question..

just want to say that ur kid's addiction may not be a bad thing..

to stop?...........better to draw his attention to fresh stuff

baby , explore the wonderful world..all the time~~

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。