tend to，seem 和 supposed to不同
they seem to like u more
they tend to like u more 嗎?
they're supposed to be here (這是一定對的用法)
can i use" tend to" to replace "supposed to"
- FelicityLv 61 0 年前最佳解答
首先要分別釐清tend to、seem 和 supposed to三者本身的＂英文＂意思和使用方式，才可以知道彼此的不同及可否互相替代。
1. Apply one's attention, as in We should tend to our business, which is to teach youngsters. This term uses tend in the sense of "attend."
2. Be disposed or inclined, as in We tend to believe whatever we are told. This term uses tend in the sense of "have a tendency."
To give the impression of being; appear: The child seems healthy, but the doctor is concerned.
To appear to one's own opinion or mind: I can't seem to get the story straight.
To appear to be true, probable, or evident: It seems you object to the plan. It seems like rain. He seems to have worked in sales for several years.
To appear to exist: There seems no reason to postpone it.
SYNONYMS seem, appear, look. These verbs mean to present the appearance of being: seems angry; appears skeptical; looks happy.
1. Intended to; also, believed to, expected to. For example, This pill is supposed to relieve your pain, or You're supposed to be my partner.
2. Required to, as in He is supposed to call home.
3. not supposed to. Not permitted to, as in You're not supposed to smoke in here.
so, you can not use "tend to " to replace "supposed to"
or use "tend to " to replace "seem "
2008-06-29 12:27:45 補充：
- 1 0 年前
they seem to like you more 跟tend是不一樣的
簡單說: 一個是表示不肯定 一個是肯定的
supposed是應該 they (are不用) tend to 較偏向他們
簡單說: 一個是被動一個是主動吧參考資料： myself