Afflict & Distress之差異。
- 1 0 年前最佳解答
Afflict (v.) : To make someone suffer or experience serious problem
例句: be afflicted with / by: A country is afflicted by famine.
Distress (n.) :
1. Extreme worry -- a feeling of extreme worry and unhappiness. 感到非常擔心和不快樂.
a. Luke's destructive behaviour caused his parents great distress. Luck 的破壞行為讓他的父母非常的擔心.
b. in distress -- The girl was crying and clearly in distress.
2. Pain -- great physical pain 身體上極大的痛苦
3. Lake of money / food -- a situation in which you suffer or have great problems because you have no money, food etc.
a. in distress -- Charities that aid families in distress.
b. Charities that aid families acute financial distress.
4. Distress signal -- a message sent from a ship, aircraft etc. asking for help 一個從船上或飛機等傳出的訊息, 一個求救訊號
5. Be in distress -- if a ship, aircraft etc. is in distress, it is in danger of sinking or crashing 若船支或飛機等 is in distress, 表試船支或飛機正面臨沈船或墜機.
Distress (v.) : To make someone feel extremely upset and worried 使某人感到非常難過或擔心參考資料： BBC
- JohnLv 61 0 年前
- tammyLv 51 0 年前
If you "are afflicted" by pain,illness,or disaster, it affects you badly and makes you suffer.
Ex: There are two main problems which afflict people with hearing impairments.
If someone or something "distresses"you , they cause you to be upset or worried.
Ex: The idea of her brother being in danger distresses her enormously.參考資料： dictionaries