- 1 0 年前最佳解答
A region of the northeast United States comprising the modern-day states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
of a region of the United States generally including Delaware; Maryland; Virginia; and usually New York; Pennsylvania; New Jersey; "mid-Atlantic states" it can also be the center of the atlantic.
adjective 1. lying toward, situated in, or directed toward the south.
2. coming from the south, as a wind.
3. of or pertaining to the south.
4. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the South of the United States.
5. Astronomy. being or located south of the celestial equator or of the zodiac: a southern constellation
–noun 6. (often initial capital letter) southerner (def. 2).
7. (initial capital letter) the dialect of English spoken in the eastern parts of Maryland, Virginia, and the Carolinas, in Florida, in the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana, and in southeastern Texas.
2008-11-04 08:55:07 補充：
(如果你還有單字的話 )參考資料： , dictonary.cim
- 1 0 年前