幫我寫一下diffinition and sentance
- 匿名使用者1 0 年前最佳解答
1. crinkle (v.) to become covered with or to form lots of thin folds orlines, especially in skin, fabric or paper. (n.) a very thin fold or line.
sentence: Her face crinkled up in a smile. (她一笑臉就皺了起來) (crinkled 是形容詞)
2. downpour (a heavy fall of rain that often starts suddenly.
sentence: She was dreanched by th sudden downpour. (她被那場突然下的傾盆大雨淋得溼透)
3. rim (n.) the edge of something. (v.) to form an edge around something.
sentence: His glasses have gold rims. (他的眼鏡光是金色的) (rimmed 是形容詞)
4. pelt (v.) to stike; to beat repeatedly. (n.) a blow from something thrown.
sentence: We pelted our friends with snowballs. (我們朝朋友扔雪球)
5. recess (n.) a place or space hollowed out in a wall; a quiet spot.
sentence: The desk with fit nicely in that recess. (這張書桌正好可以擺進那個壁凹內)
6. rankle (v.) to cause mental pain or irritation.
sentence: His behavior rankles with me still. (他的行為仍然讓我怨恨難消)
7. gesture (n.) a movement of the face, body or limbs to espress an idea. (v.) to make expressive motion.
sentence: She was gesturing so excitedly that I knew something was wrong. (他如此激動得打著手勢, 我就知道出了問題)
8. anplify (v.) to develop; to increase the strength of something; to add to what has been said or written.
sentence: The teacher wants us to amplify the the scope of discussion. (老師要我們擴大討論的範圍)參考資料： dictionary and me
- rman nLv 41 0 年前
1.to become covered in many little lines and folds, or to cause something to do this
She crinkled (up) her nose in distaste.
2.a lot of rain in a short time
There was a downpour in mountain area last night.
3.to be round or along the edge of something
The glass was rimmed with sugar
4.A.to throw a number of things quickly at someone or something
We saw rioters pelting police with bricks and bottles.
B.to rain heavily
It's pelting down (with rain)
5.A.built in a space in a wall
I would like to replace existing lights with recessed one.
B.a small area in a room which is formed by one part of a wall being set back further than other parts
The room has a recess designed to hold bookshelves
C.a secret or hidden place
Psychoanalysts aim to explore the deepest/innermost recesses of the mind
6.to cause annoyance or anger which lasts a long time
The unkind way in which his girlfriend left him still rankled with him long after.
7. A.a movement of the hands, arms or head, etc. to express an idea or feeling
She made a rude gesture at the other driver.
B.to use a gesture to express or emphasize something
He made no answer but walked on, gesturing for me to follow
C.an action that you take which expresses your feelings or intentions, although it might have little practical effect
Not having butter on his potatoes was his only gesture towards healthy eating
D.an action which is made by a person or organization for political reasons and is intended to attract public attention but has little real effect
The call for a one-day national strike was dismissed as gesture politics
8.A.to make something louder.
They use amplified guitar in the concert.
B. increase the size or effect of something
A funeral can amplify the feelings of regret and loss for the relatives參考資料： Dictionary