1. a person employed, as in an office, to keep records, file, type, or perform other general office tasks.
2. a salesclerk.
3. a person who keeps the records and performs the routine business
of a court, legislature, board, etc.
4. a member of the clergy; ecclesiastic.
5. a lay person charged with various minor ecclesiastical duties.
6. Archaic. a. a person who is able to read, or to read and write.
b. a scholar.
1-1 A person who works in an office, bank or law court. 職員、記帳員
如：He got a job as an accounts clerk. 他得到一份記帳員的工作。
1-2 someone who works in a store：店員
2. employee： A person who is paid to work for an organization or for another person. 為組織或他人工作，且有領薪水。員工
如：He is an employee of AA Bank. 他是AA銀行的員工