kaka 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

relative clause ~~

請問條件子句的子句內容有限制多少嗎?因為通常都只是一句句子,一句子句內容,但如果我想在同一句句子內有數句子句內容可以嗎?

這是一般的用法:

Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair.

多子句內容的用法:

請問以下的句子有那句是錯的或對的,還有是可以解釋一下錯在那裡,對在那裡嗎,另外可以說一下寫條件子句的規則嗎?非常感謝~~

1.Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, which is red, sended by Mary.

2.Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, which is red.

3.Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, which is red, which colour Idon't like.

4.Sam is my friend, who sits overmy chair, is Mary's boyfriend.

2 個解答

評分
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

請問條件子句的子句內容有限制多少嗎?因為通常都只是一句句子,一句子句內容,但如果我想在同一句句子內有數句子句內容可以嗎?

Grammatically, it is accurate. However, it seems redundant and the sentence will not flow as well to write it that way.

多子句內容的用法:

請問以下的句子有那句是錯的或對的,還有是可以解釋一下錯在那裡,對在那裡嗎,另外可以說一下寫條件子句的規則嗎?非常感謝~~

1. Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, which is red, sent by Mary.

=> Grammatically, it is accurate. However, this sentence may confuse readers. There are other ways to construct the sentence.

** Sam is my friend, who sits on my red chair sent by Mary.

2. Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, which is red.

=> The same as above. Grammatically it is accurate, but there are better ways to construct the sentence.

** Sam, who sits on my red chair, is my friend.

3. Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, which is red, which colour I don't like.

=> The same as above. Grammatically it is accurate, but there are other ways to construct the sentence.

** Sam is my friend, sitting on my red chair, the color of which I dislike.

4. Sam is my friend, who sits over my chair, is Mary's boyfriend.

=> The grammar is wrong. You have two verbs in a sentence without separating them by conjunction

** Sam who is my friend, sitting on my chair, is Mary’s boyfriend.

Other example:

Chris Lawrence, who sent me a copy of his passport, which is clear that is false, is a scammer.

=> A better way to construct the sentence would be:

** Chris Lawrence is a scammer, who sent me a copy of his clearly false passport.

2009-01-04 04:25:09 補充:

Another example:

The largest and most complex group that sociologists study is society, which consists of people who share a culture and territory.

2009-01-04 04:25:20 補充:

=> With this example, it does make sense to have several relative clauses in one sentence. However, you can also break up the sentence into two or three sentence to make it easier for the readers.

2009-01-04 04:59:25 補充:

Or,

The largest and most complex group that sociologists study is society, consisting of people sharing a culture and territory.

參考資料: Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
  • eleven
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

即使您寫作技巧很純熟,也不建議都用關係子句。

同一個句子中可以變化句型,使用對等連接詞、分詞構句、一些高級文法等等來練習敍述。

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。