promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
好奇就問 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

形容暴君的英文句子中considered翻譯為何?

p.199 ,可以告訴我下面這一句的正確翻譯嗎?

14. King George was considered a mad king.

上面這句話的意思我翻為 「King George被視為暴君或昏君!」

我分析這一句英文給大家看,大家看我說得對不對,King George 為名詞,都大寫表示這是有指特定的人George 是他的名字,was considered 是一個「被動語態」除了was用過去式外,主要認定為被重語態之原因為此結構為「be + pp 」,後面的 a mad king 為 considered 的補語。

好了,我的問題

一、這句話是什麼意思?

二、我的文法觀念對嗎?

三、如何區分 「a mad king 」是暴君還是昏君?在中文,暴君如秦始皇,他可不笨,甚可說是英明的,昏君如璟惠帝,他是無能。那英文中,我又不是外國人,我如何區分呢?

p.s. 目前發問的題型會開始向「翻譯」傾斜,除了看這些增加自己閱讀生字量外,文法書目前講的,我大致是懂的。謝謝大家的幫忙。還有請大家介紹我進階的文法書,依知識家規定不可以打廣告,請大家寄信給我,那本文法書好,澍媽媽介紹的書我有去看,可覺的初級的有些不需要再看了,直接切中級反而好,雖然初級有些我還是不怎樣,靠多看應該是可以補足的。

已更新項目:

TO Elisa:That's OK! I can understand what your explanation for the word "tyrant".

TO 澍媽媽:謝謝你的回答。

對於二位的回答,說真的,我覺得都很好,我也希望二位不要介意我交付投票,因為我不想讓你們有「我比較喜歡誰的解答」的感覺。

我認為 Elisa 的回答非常的深入,因此把一般可能我們比較不了解的字解釋出來,而 澍媽媽 的回答則是單純依我的題目來做解釋,這樣是很好的,「因為我可以訓練自己從不同的角度去思考」,謝謝兩位。

4 個解答

評分
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

p.199 ,可以告訴我下面這一句的正確翻譯嗎?

14. King George was considered a mad king.

上面這句話的意思我翻為 「King George被視為暴君或昏君!」

一、這句話是什麼意思?

King George 當時被視為是喪失理智, 精神失常, 發瘋的君主.

King George III has mental problem. => King George有心智方面的問題 (精神錯亂, 精神病)

This is another example of a mad king (who was considered to have mental problems).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_II_of_Bavaria

二、我的文法觀念對嗎? Yes. Great job.

三、如何區分 「a mad king 」是暴君還是昏君? 在中文,暴君如秦始皇,他可不笨,甚可說是英明的, 昏君如璟惠帝, 他是無能。 那英文中,我又不是外國人,我如何區分呢?

=> 都不是. 查英英詞典. 查關相資料

Mad:

mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; demented. 心神錯亂的; 精神失常的; 發瘋的; 發狂的

extremely foolish or unwise; imprudent; irrational: 愚笨的, 喪失理智的

A mad king => I would say:

精神錯亂的, 喪失理智的, or 發狂的君主.

A king who is without ration, who may be at the edge of getting crazy, or who is extremely foolish.

When we say someone who is mad, we tend to imply that person has some mental illness.

For example:

There is a mad man lurking around the corner, waiting to strike at anyone in the neighborhood. (This mad man can be someone who is getting crazy and enjoys killing people. This man is considered to have mental problems)

If you say that 暴君如秦始皇,他可不笨,甚可說是英明的, I would say that "mad" cannot be applied to 秦始皇.

暴君 = Tyrant

As for 昏君, it does not apply either. Because a 昏君 can be someone who does not do anything. He can be something who loves to party all day long and doesn't pay attention to how bad others are suffering. For example: King Louis XVI in French during French Revolution. King Louis XVI was considered as a 昏君.

I would say 昏君 is more of a “wishy-washy”, or “weak” king, or an “ignorant” king.

NB. I have tried my best to explain it in Chinese as much as I can. If you have trouble understanding what I wrote, I will try to translate it in Chinese.

2009-05-02 17:06:01 補充:

Hi, 生活靠智慧

我無法補充我的回答, 所以補充在意見

錯字:

He can be "someone" who loves to party all day long and doesn't pay attention to how bad others are suffering.

For example: King Louis XVI in "France" during French Revolution.

2009-05-02 17:15:38 補充:

如果你無法理解我寫的回答, 請告知哪一句你無法理解.

By the way, this review talks about King Louis XVI being a weak king, a besotted king.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RH252HDDUR6FU

昏君 = a besotted king.

2009-05-03 20:42:31 補充:

Hi, 生活靠智慧

Some tips for you.

To accurately translate a sentence, you need to understand why it was stated like that. You can probably read from the entire article to understand it or from doing research to understand more on the topics.

2009-05-03 20:43:37 補充:

This will prevent you from adding your own opinion into the interpretation and losing the actual/correct meaning of the sentence.

In this case, if you understand the history or do research on King George, you will know why they called him a mad king.

參考資料: Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 匿名使用者
    6 年前
  • 1 0 年前

我回答你們的話用英文,打錯跟我說!

• 1 0 年前

一、這句話是什麼意思?

Your answer: 「King George被視為暴君或昏君!」

My answer: King George "當時"被視為"暴君".

這句話因為是過去被動,所以我會多加"當時"

二、我的文法觀念對嗎?

被動語態的理解過程完全正確,恭喜你,之前的東西完全融會貫通,學以致用.

三、如何區分 「a mad king 」

get mad-->通常比angry還要強烈,可解釋為暴怒

所以 mad一般都在修飾某人性情暴戾,相較於庸君或昏君( a fatuous king),應是能力上的不足或判斷失據,甚至沉迷女色,荒廢國事. 因此在這邊, 我會解釋成「暴君」

以上,供您參考.

參考資料: myself
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。