十年修得同船渡 百年修得共枕眠的英文怎麼翻譯?

十年的修為才能碰到一次搭同一艘船的緣份,

一生(百年)的修為才能碰到一次共枕眠的緣份

百年一次輪迴

做夫妻,是講緣分的。

所以,珍惜眼前人,珍惜眼前事。

Based on the above meanings I found, these are my translations:

Literal translation (直譯):

(1) It takes a decade of cultivation for two people to ride on the same boat. It takes a lifetime of cultivation for two people to share the same pillow.

(2) Riding on the same boat requires a decade of cultivation; whilst sharing the same pillow, a lifetime.

(3) A decade of cultivation to ride on the same boat. A lifetime of reincarnation to share the same pillow.

(4) A decade of cultivation to ride on the same boat. A lifetime of reincarnation to become a couple.

Moral (寓意):

Fate brings us together as a couple, cherish every encounter and embrace the relationship.

Love and cherish the people with whom fate brings you together (as a couple).

2009-05-05 00:58:25 補充:

Sorry. Missing a comma after "whilst".

(2) Riding on the same boat requires a decade of cultivation; whilst, sharing the same pillow, a lifetime.

Or

Riding on the same boat requires a decade of cultivation; whilst, sharing the same pillow, a century. (a very literal translation)

2009-05-16 19:17:14 補充:

I am seeing all the usuall susupects voting for the answer. There are still a few missing. Don't make it too obvious because we are reporting to Yahoo Management to find a way other than deducting the points of the sock-puppetry accounts. I will keep you updated on that.

2009-05-19 23:05:55 補充:

I did provide that information to Yahoo Management and am waiting for their response.

2009-05-30 00:52:14 補充:

Hi,

I said I would keep you posted on the response from Yahoo Management regarding the usual suspects and the sock-puppet accounts I reported.

Good News! This is the response that I just got.

Hi Elisa,

已根據規範處理,辛苦了~

知識管理員 敬上

2009-05-30 00:53:59 補充:

I hope this will give others a lesson not to create sock puppet accounts to manipulate the votes.

If you see any suspicious sock puppet accounts manipulating votes, please let me know and I will report them to Yahoo Management. :)

2009-05-30 00:55:00 補充:

By the way, I don't know what Yahoo Management meant by "已根據規範處理". I will follow up with them.

2009-06-01 23:24:44 補充:

Thanks 杜鋅! Unfortunately I was hold hostiled by the person who I reported using sock puppet accounts to manipulate the votes. She has been going through all my answers in year 2009 (5 months of data in 2 days) and deleting them.

2009-06-01 23:26:32 補充:

I am pretty impressed with the amount of time she has. I know you are reading every word I write, so don't go too far. Don't force me to have to expose you and eight of your sock puppet accounts to the public.

2009-06-01 23:28:04 補充:

Try to make use of your time improving your English, rather than investing in retaliation by removing my best answers. Removing my answers will not help you in improving your English language ability.

2009-06-01 23:29:35 補充:

Sorry, a few typos.

hold "hostage".

make "good" use of your time.

2009-06-02 04:01:36 補充:

Sorry. Another typo.

Unfortunately, I was "held" hostage....

參考資料: Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
  • 小球
    Lv 6
    1 0 年前

Dear Elisa~

謝謝您總是善心的協助及解答,我也看不慣灌票作風!!下次要是還有小白灌票部隊.我會負責站在真理的一方的!

雖然抓不勝抓但仍會繼續抓的小球強力留言

• Joseph
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

路過的半調子又來亂說話。 ^_^

「緣份」是個有深厚佛教文化影響的字眼。因為宗教及文化的差異,用英文不大容易形容。以下是維基百科的解釋(略修,paraphrased):

The predetermined principle that dictates a person's relationship and encounters.

2009-05-17 15:56:28 補充:

維基百科對此句也有相當字面上翻譯:

Ten years of meditation (or good deeds) bring two people to cross a river in the same ferry, and a hundred years of meditation (or good deeds) bring two people to rest their heads on the same pillow.

2009-05-17 15:56:57 補充:

於此字面上的翻譯,「修行」翻成「潛修」、「打坐」、「瞑坐」或是「做善事」。回答者 002 用的 cultivate 「耕耘」,個人覺得也很恰當地傳遞那「修行」的精神,並且含意著所得不易,且要珍惜的語意。

謝謝各位精采、大膽的回答,讓我又學的一些東西。 ^_^

• 槑仙
    Lv 6
    1 0 年前

十年修得同船渡 百年修得共枕眠

@ 十年=曾有一輩子見過面 (比喻說法)

@ 百年=至少有三輩子有緣相見/認識彼此過

十年修得同船渡-->

@ Met each other once last life would be on the same boat this life

完整句:

@ People who met each other (once) last life would be on the same boat this life.

百年修得共枕眠-->

@ (People who) knew each other several times in the past lives,

@ then, would be a married couple this time this life. (強調可能成雙成對)

PS:

would be有可能but不表示就一定會這樣=符合西方邏輯

~~謝謝觀賞~~

參考資料: 剛好有靈感~
  • 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • HKL
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

十年修得同船渡 百年修得共枕眠

這是指緣份

老美是乎不太相信『緣份』

不過和老美說 predestination

老美都知道是很接近中文的緣份...

• 1 0 年前

單字和片語:

*decade: 十年

*century: 一世紀,百年

*ride on the same boat:搭乘同一艘船

*while:然而

*be bed and board:夫妻關係

翻譯:

十年修得同船渡

It takes a decade for two unknown to each other to ride on th same boat,

百年修得共枕眠

while it takes a century for a man and a woman to have a chance to be bed and board.

參考資料: myself
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。