mm 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

for which ?????

Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into, or "for which" the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency, will have a variable vale

請問 "for which" 是形容那裏, 如果唔要for which, 應該如何寫才能保留原句意思?

5 個解答

評分
  • Kevin
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

版主您好:

Louis說的沒錯, 您的原文正確內容如下:

Transaction Risk:

The risk that transactions already entered into, or for which the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency, will have a variable value in the home currency because of exchange rate movements.

http://www.lse.co.uk/financeglossary.asp?searchTer...

這是一段關於[transaction risk]的定義. 把它寫成句子就是:

1. Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into.

2. Or, transaction risk is the risk for which the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency.

3. Transaction risk will have a variable value in the home currency because of exchange rate movements.

所以, [for which]=[for the risk], 改寫為簡單句:

Transaction risk is the risk.

The firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency for the risk.

2009-05-25 09:09:15 補充:

所以文中的[or]就是"或者", 並沒有"否則, 要不然[or else]"的含意.

2009-05-26 08:54:19 補充:

Thanks Elisa, you did a far better job than I could've done. ^-^

2009-05-26 12:23:50 補充:

A big hand for you, Elisa!

• 登入以對解答發表意見
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

Just from grammar standpoint, there is grammar error in the original sentence because you are missing a conjunction "and".

2009-05-26 07:35:31 補充:

Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into, or "for which" the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency, and will have a variable vale.

2009-05-26 07:35:48 補充:

Using simpler sentence as an example:

Malnutrition is a problem that poor people may get into, or in which people in underdeveloped countries are likely to turn, and will have a huge impact to human race.

2009-05-26 07:37:27 補充:

Malnutrition is a problem that poor people may get into,

or people in underdeveloped countries are likely to turn in malnutrition

and malnutrition will have a huge impact to human race.

2009-05-26 11:05:00 補充:

Hi, 澍媽媽

There are three clauses that make up the sentence.

1. Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into,

2. The firm is likely to have a commitment for the transaction risk in a foreign currency

3. The transaction risk will have a variable vale.

2009-05-26 11:16:41 補充:

To join the three clauses together as a sentence, you need conjunctions, or participles, etc. You know what I mean.

Let's look a simpler example.

He is the man I love.

Everyone is likely to fall in love with him

He is truly a great man,

2009-05-26 11:19:05 補充:

He, the man I love, with whom everyone is likely to fall in love, is truly a great man.

He is truly a great man.

He, the man I love, is truly a great man.

He being the man I love is truly a great man.

2009-05-26 11:19:22 補充:

He being the man I love, with whom everyone is likely to fall in love, is truly a great man.

He, the man I love, with whom everyone is likely to fall in love, is a truly a great man.

2009-05-26 11:25:09 補充:

Let's take a look at the original sentence. To make it grammatically accurate, you have to change the sentence by using conjunction or participles.

2009-05-26 11:25:34 補充:

Transaction risk "being" the risk that transactions already entered into,

for which the firm is likely to have a commitment for in a foreign currency, will have a variable value.

2009-05-26 11:26:39 補充:

Sorry, typo.

He, the man I love, with whom everyone is likely to fall in love, is truly a great man.

2009-05-26 11:30:17 補充:

In addition to adding a conjunction "and", and changing the clause to participle using "being", you can also correct the sentence using "appositive".

2009-05-26 11:30:34 補充:

Transaction risk, the risk that transactions already entered into,

for which the firm is likely to have a commitment for in a foreign currency, will have a variable value.

2009-05-26 11:36:33 補充:

The grammar error is having two verbs without some sort of conjunctions or participles, or etc.

Just look at this simpler sentence. You know that it is incorrect.

He is the man I love, is truly a great man.

2009-05-26 11:37:36 補充:

Now look at the original sentence, which has the same grammar error.

Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into, will have a variable value.

Can you tell why it is wrong now?

2009-05-27 16:06:41 補充:

Yes, 澍媽媽

You are right. It should be "have a huge impact on", not "have a huge impact to".

2009-05-27 16:11:18 補充:

Hi, 澍媽媽

What I have stated before was purely from grammar standard. I did not get into the usage of "for which" and what it substitutes.

I am mainly stating that there was grammar error in the original sentence and I have stated the reason why.

2009-05-27 16:26:30 補充:

As for your question around the accuracy of "or for which ...", please see this article about US Code.

... or services for which such individual is entitled to have payment made under this subchapter (or for which he would be so entitled ....

2009-05-27 16:28:51 補充:

See http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode42/us...

From US Dept of Education:

they cannot supply the required matching share, or for which there are insufficient funds available ...

http://www.ed.gov/programs/ctearc/index.html?exp=0

2009-05-27 16:39:42 補充:

By the way, I have always stated that my Chinese is pretty poor, so I seldom provide Chinese translation. This way I am less likely to mislead others and cause harm.

I am glad to see someone like you with such a great attitude towards learning. It is good not to take things at face value. :)

2009-05-27 16:42:24 補充:

Anyway, it is too late for me to stay up this late. I have to go to sleep now.

2009-05-27 16:44:57 補充:

Oh, I just found a typo. My brain gets sluggish from sleep deprivation.

This is it.

What I have stated before was purely from grammar "standpoint".

2009-05-27 17:01:41 補充:

As for the sentence written without "or",

2009-05-27 17:01:55 補充:

it is for the discussion on the grammar error of the question you raised:

What if "Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into, for which the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency, will have a variable vale."?

2009-05-27 22:11:17 補充:

Oh, I just noticed some inappropriate usage. See what sleep deprivation does to me.

I should have said "It is not good for me to stay up this late". :)

Okay, I will stop saying any more.

2009-05-27 22:11:29 補充:

By the way, the website I provided "US Dept of Education" has some good information. Go check it out.

• 登入以對解答發表意見
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

你的句子好像抄漏了字,或抄錯了字,導致結構有問題,請再看看原文.

• 登入以對解答發表意見
  • 1 0 年前

Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into, or "for which" the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency, will have a variable vale.

交易風險是一種已經計畫中,進行中, 或已簽訂合約的交易而衍生出的風險,將出現交易可變動價值.要不然企業因此很有可能因此出現外幣折算風險,

這裡的"which",關代,借代前面整件事情,即Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into,

(以上,敬請參照Cambridge Grammar In Use/Intermediate U93)

句子打回原形寫作

Transaction risk will have a variable vale.

Transactions already entered into the risk.

Or the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency for this kind of risk which transactions already entered into.

圖片參考:http://l.yimg.com/f/i/tw/ugc/rte/smiley_8.gif

以上,供您參考!

2009-05-25 11:14:14 補充:

to: Kevin

所以文中的[or]就是"或者", 並沒有"否則, 要不然[or else]"的含意. -->請問理由?或能否提共您的翻譯?

2009-05-25 11:18:38 補充:

英文是活的,句型的形成本來就不會只有一種寫法,版主的定義並未出現文法上的錯誤,如何斷言版主有漏抄文字?定義型的東西以概念為主軸,各家版本的寫法不一, 簡單的一個單字在不同英英字典的表達方式就不同,如何斷定引述的網站所定義的就應奉為圭臬?

2009-05-25 11:27:46 補充:

當認定一個句子文法有誤,我個人覺得比較負責任的作法應是針對其結構上的缺失提出說明並補強,將大部分的用字和描述都加以替換應屬新句改寫,

2009-05-26 09:09:56 補充:

What if "Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into,for which the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency, will have a variable vale."?

2009-05-27 11:09:58 補充:

007 "will have a huge impact to human race."--> Grammar error: have a huge impact "upon"/"on" human race

2009-05-27 11:15:54 補充:

Transaction risk "being" the risk that transactions already entered into,

for which the firm is likely to have a commitment for in a foreign currency, will have a variable value. --> there is nothing to do with "being",but the word"or"

2009-05-27 11:20:00 補充:

here you also omitted the owrd"or", also,{Transaction risk "being" the risk that transactions already entered into} came from the sentence "Transaction risk which is the risk transactions already entered into," you just wrote in another way,

2009-05-27 11:26:00 補充:

I found I am the only one "daring" to translate the origional sentence into Chinese, once I did so, the meaning became obvious. however, I am not an expert in ecinomy, I also want to know if ""or" is needed here. that's the only part I found weird.

2009-05-27 11:27:56 補充:

typo: economy

But unfortunately, the question has been closed.

2009-05-27 11:52:16 補充:

If you all agree "for which" substitutes for the word "risk", then I proclaim the sentence should be written as the following:

2009-05-27 11:53:38 補充:

Transaction risk is the risk "for which" the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency. On entering into this kind of risk, transactions will have a variable vale.

2009-05-27 11:55:36 補充:

or "for which" substitutes for the word "transaction risk", then the sentence will be -Transaction risk "for which" the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency,is the risk that transactions already entered into and will have a variable vale.

2009-05-27 11:59:44 補充:

since there is a preposition between the first and two sentences, if "or" is not removeable, "for which" will be an grammar error, "for this reason" should be used instead.

2009-05-27 12:00:58 補充:

Transaction risk is the risk that transactions already entered into, or for "this reason" the firm is likely to have a commitment in a foreign currency and will have a variable vale.

參考資料: above 15 years teaching experience
    • 登入以對解答發表意見
  • 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 1 0 年前

此處的for which指的就是Transaction risk

• 登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。