Henry 007 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

Is it worth being an English t

Is it worth being an English teacher in Taiwan at the moment?

or is it a good idea to be an English teacher?

and to be an English teacher can earn enough money for

living expenses?

I have lived in England for ages, and have done A- level and BA

there

and so I speak with a very strong British accent, I know people here

who like learning American accents,

I am also wondering whether they accept British English and accents?

Thank you for reading , Cheers

已更新項目:

First of all, thanks guys for fantastic answers

For now I realise that English teaching not really make much money or it

depends on what your teaching style,

and I am Taiwanese by the way, so it is out of the question for me to go to China

2 個已更新項目:

I noticed that somthing so weird is Taiwanese people are still very unfamiliar with English speaking, I am confused about it, you have learned English in school for years, haven't you?

3 個解答

評分
  • MB.WPG
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前

Standard English is the main stream. It doesn't matter where you are from.

• 1 0 年前

Is it worth being an English teacher in Taiwan at the moment? Or is it a good idea to be an English teacher? I think its depends on you. I'm now 18yrs old and my dream is to be a Bushiban teacher in the future, so I've been tutoring for a few months after I graduated for high school.

As a recently graduated student, I recommand you to teach in Bushiban, cuz you can earn more money than the national school. But it will be far more tired then. Of course, if you want to be a successful English teacher in Taiwan, you should have your own teaching style. Most of the Taiwanese students wants their teacher to have a sense of humor.Of course, you have to know how to speak Chinese as well.

As for me, I don't care about the accent, but I do care about what my teacher can give me!!

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT TOO MUCH, JUST DO IT!!

CHEER UP : )

If you got any ques, you can mail me.

Keller_12345@hotmail.com ( Roe )

參考資料: Roe
  • 1 0 年前

Well, I think it's no matter whatever you speak with British accent or American accents.

I think it's okay. But actually I love British accent because it sounds elegant and it's classical. By the way, I think you can be a kindergarten English teacher but you have to learn Chinese. If you can't speak Chinese in Taiwan, you can't have a part time job. It's very important to speak Chinese in Taiwan if you really want to earn money.

Hope I could help you. Good luck to you.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。