Henry 007 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

need advice on Christmas gifts

I am wondering what Christmas present to buy for my close friend, it's female, and I even don't know what girls like as a present and what present fits her

any of advice would be very appreciated

已更新項目:

ha ha absolutely fantastic, thanks guys for that

2 個已更新項目:

it's out of the question for me to go shopping with her, she is a friend, not a girl friend at all.

5 個解答

評分
  • 匿名使用者
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

I'm not so sure about perfume. Perfume depends a lot on personal preference. I would stay away from perfume unless you know a specific brand and type that she likes. Chocolate and flowers are a nice touch to a great gift, but I think it shouldn't be the gift itself.

Gifts are for things that people wouldn't themselves. And a great gift is something that keeps giving back even after she received it. That way whenever she uses this item she'll think of you.

I would try to notice if there is anything that she needs. A great way to find this out is to go shopping with her, and listen to what she says. See if you can notice if she says that she wants something or if she compliment a certain item.

Remember more personal the gift is, the more she'll remember you for it. And giving something that is used frequently will definitely earn you some brownie points with the ladies.

2009-12-12 11:07:18 補充:

Hi Wendy,

I realize that my answer might have offended in some way that I'm not aware of. Please allow me to apologize if i have offended you in any way shape or form. It was never my intention to get anyone upset with my answer.

2009-12-12 11:09:58 補充:

I also realized that even with English being my first language, it is possible that I made some mistakes in my writing. I would be happy if you could email me and let me know of them. I'd love to discuss matters related to the English language with you.

I apologize again if I have offended you.

2009-12-12 11:12:55 補充:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Rile

I hope the above link will help you understand the meaning of "getting riled up".

Also if you need any help with English language, I would love to have an exchange of ideas with you.

• 1 0 年前

Are you both currently in England? Why not get her something like scarf, gloves, or sweater to keep her warm?

Do you know if she has any collections? Shopping around to see if you can find one to add on her show case?

Does she like any certain type of music? I bet even an under $20 CD will make her happy !

Just some tips for you. Hopefully it will help.

Happy Holiday to everyone !

----- Olivia ------

• 1 0 年前

well, that depends what your budget is?

$?

you said a close friend, I think perfume is an appropriate Christmas Gift.

perfume has to be a brand name perfume. good quality.

Henry, remember DO NOT BE A CHEAP GUY IF SHE IS YOUR TARGET

2009-12-11 00:59:05 補充:

I DO NOT AGREE WITH JANET

THIS IS JUST A CHRISTMAS GIFT, NO BIG DEAL.

HENRY JUST ASKED A IDEA OF CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR A CLOSE GIRLFRIEND.

JANET? WHAT'S YOUR POINT?

2009-12-12 01:16:30 補充:

SURE, TAKE IT EASY., JANET

WHAT DOES RILED UP MEAN?? I DO NOT GET IT?

WELL, I THINK THIS IS THE AREA FOR OPINIONS, LIKE YOU SAID IF YOU FEEL DISAGREE MINE, EITHER WAY YOU CAN JUST IGNORE OR RETORT ME. WHATEVER I WILL TAKE IT.

2009-12-12 01:21:02 補充:

JANET, ONE MORE THING,

I BELIEVE THAT WOULD IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH IF YOU KEEP DOING CONVERSATION WITH ME. I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU.

WANT TO HEAR SOME OF MISTAKES YOU HAVE MADE IN ENGLISH WRITING?

NO OFFENSE !

2009-12-13 08:44:14 補充:

Sure, why not. Janet. thanks for helping.

Just kind of surprised that you said English was your primary language because your English sounds like Chinese English.

Does that mean you are a Chinese ,spoke English when was born?

NO OFFENSE

• SKIITE
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

TO: ♀小木鞋

Nice advice.

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 1 0 年前

you can buy her chocolates, perfume, or buy a cute stuffed animal, and put the present in a bag with tissue paper. Dont forget to include a card.

if you can, try to give it to her in a secret way. like put it on her desk without her noticing.

or surprise her.

參考資料: myself
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。