because前要不要逗號?

例句:

Ramonita never talked to her friends about joining the choir, because she was afraid they would make fun of her.

請問because前為什麼要逗號?不是不用逗號嗎?

謝謝!

已更新項目:

我看文法也是和Louis說的一樣耶

那倒底怎麼辦?

站在考試的角度來說,我可以先以Louis的說法了。

還有其他人的看法嗎?

謝謝

2 個已更新項目:

剛剛查了一下google

有人說是英式和美式用法的問題|||

所以Louis說的應該是「英國用法」了

真難搞!

3 個已更新項目:

梁磊 在美國學到了英式用法嗎?(要加逗號)

8 個解答

評分
  • 1 0 年前
    最佳解答

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm

for ur informaiton

As pointed out above (Rule #3), an adverbial clause that begins a sentence is set off with a comma:

Although Queasybreath had spent several years in Antarctica, he still bundled up warmly in the brisk autumns of Ohio.

Because Tashonda had learned to study by herself, she was able to pass the entrance exam.When an adverbial clause comes later on in the sentence, however, the writer must determine if the clause is essential to the meaning of the sentence or not. A "because clause" can be particularly troublesome in this regard. In most sentences, a "because clause" is essential to the meaning of the sentence, and it will not be set off with a comma:

The Okies had to leave their farms in the midwest because the drought conditions had ruined their farms.Sometimes, though, the "because clause" must be set off with a comma to avoid misreading:

I knew that President Nixon would resign that morning, because my sister-in-law worked in the White House and she called me with the news.Without that comma, the sentence says that Nixon's resignation was the fault of my sister-in-law. Nixon did not resign because my sister-in-law worked in the White House, so we set off that clause to make the meaning clearly parenthetical.

參考資料: google大神
  • 5 年前

no

• TY
    Lv 4
    1 0 年前

No. You don't have to.

• 1 0 年前

不一定喔 because必須看句子的結構 才決定需不需要加

台灣老師通常都教導不用逗號

這和我在美國學習的東西 不同耶

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    1 0 年前

because帶出來的是附屬子句,放在句子後面,是不用逗號的。放在句子前面時,才要加逗號。

2010-02-16 21:04:06 補充:

依照英文標點符號用法,主要子句應在句子前面,如果附屬子句(即副詞子句)移到前面,要加上逗號,表示主要子句的位置被附屬子句占用了;此外,非限定性的形容詞子句與其所修飾的字之間也要加逗號。這不是英式或美式的關係,英美的用法相同。但是有的作家並不嚴格遵守這個規矩。(見IW41頁逗號用法Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners 2007 edition)

2010-02-16 21:18:46 補充:

非限定的同位語,也要加上逗號。

• 1 0 年前

because前面的逗號,

可加可不加;

通常不加。

參考資料: 自己
  • 1 0 年前

要或不要都ok

要或不要都ok

要或不要都ok

參考資料: me