"Use what you have learned about slope and write several sentences explaining it to a friend who was absent during the time we learned it. Give an example of calculating slope as well."
真的蠻難的,我試過,但很不通! 請英文好的人幫幫忙 因為我也才剛來到這沒兩年
明天就要 拜託大家了 快點幫幫我
- shamejudgeLv 71 0 年前最佳解答
In mathematics, the slope of a line describes its steepness, incline, or grade. A higher slope value indicates a steeper incline.
The slope is defined as the ratio of the "rise" divided by the "run" between two points on a line, or in other words, the ratio of the altitude change to the horizontal distance between any two points on the line.
Given two points (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) on a line, the slope m of the line is
The slope of a line is defined as the rise over the run, m = Δy/Δx.
- chengLv 41 0 年前
Slope is frequently used in Mathematics. It can also be used to actually find how steep a particular line is, or it can be used to show how much something has changed over time.
Slope is mathematically defined as the rise over the run. This is written as a fraction (ratio) like this:
Slope = Rise / Run
Where the Rise means the change on the Y-axis of the coordinate system (either changed up or down); the Run means the change on the X-axis of the coordinate system (either changed left or right);
To calculate the Slope of a line:
1. Find two points on the line.
2. Count the rise (How many units do you count up or down to get from one point to the next?) Record this number as your numerator.
3. Count the run (How many units do you count left or right to get to the point?) Record this number as your denominator.
4. Simplify your fraction if possible.
1) If you count up or right your number is positive.
2) If you count down or left your number is negative.參考資料： myself, http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/clin199