Seunghyuk 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 1 0 年前

請妳給一個美國人解釋一下

我是主修中文的美國人。聽您麼講中文 我很常會聽到 了 這個語助詞。不過 我不太瞭解它的用法。例如 不要哭 跟 不要哭了 有什麼不同? 怎麼知道什麼時候應該用這個字? 如果妳知道我的這個問題的答案 請妳跟我說說一下。謝謝!

3 個解答

評分
  • Anon
    Lv 5
    1 0 年前
    最佳解答

Going to go about explaining this from the perspective of a translator:

The"了" denotes that an action have already occurred or is occurring. So in the example you mentioned, while both 不要哭 and 不要哭了 can be translated as "don't cry", the literal translation of 不要哭了 should be "don't crying", which doesn't make a lick of sense unless you change it to "stop crying".

While "don't cry" can be used to both ask someone to stop or not start crying, "stop crying" can only be used to ask someone to stop, making "不要哭了" a lot more specific in its usage while the relative vagueness of "不要哭" gives it more flexibility in usage (though lacking emphasis).

Aside from using "了“ to indicate occurred or occurring actions, "了“ can also be used for:

1: Something that's about to happen.

2: To exaggerate.

3: To show that something that have already happened.

4: Change.

Here's a very good explanation on the various use of "了“ provided by the Centre for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language at Oxford.

http://www.ctcfl.ox.ac.uk/Grammar%20exercises/Moda...

Hope this clarify things as opposed to making it more complicated.

2010-03-31 10:53:49 補充:

And I have no bloody idea how come my replied was configured in such a way that words were cut offed from line to line lol

2010-03-31 11:04:17 補充:

*my reply

Scotch and typing don't mix...

• 1 0 年前

According to dictionaries, there are five usages for 了

一.Within a sentence

1.After a verb or an adjective, it means the realization of the act or of the change in state. eg:看了一場電影,胖了一公斤

2.After a verb, indicating a hypothesis in the feature. eg:雨停了再走

二.At the end of a sentence

1.Happening of a new condition, eg:已經冬天了 or 快十二點了

2.Happening of a condition under another condition, eg:找不到,你就死定了

3.Change in thought or opinion, eg:我不想去了

三.After a verb, to persuade or to stop, eg:不要哭了 or 我們走了

四.Used at the end of a sentence for interjection, eg:太好了

五.I can't figure out how the fifth usage differs from the others above. I'll make it up as long as I can find out the difference.

Your problem is with the third usage and according to the dictionaries, they are the same, 不要哭 and 不要哭了. Yet accordind to my own sense of the language, adding 了 makes the sentence gentler, more like talking someone into than commanding. Of course with proper intonation, 不要哭 can have the same effect ~ haha.

• 1 0 年前

嘿 !你好阿, 我看你的標題跟文章就感覺怪怪的,所以好奇進來看一看,呵呵.關於"了" 它只是語助詞.就是在講話的時候會加進去可以改變或強調語氣,寫正式文章的時候通常不會加上這些贅字.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。