﹝中文翻譯可加也可不加,若方便的話麻煩加一下﹞

拜託

麻煩各位大大了

感謝!!

2 個解答

評分
  • 10 年前
    最佳解答

這是美國小學版的時代雜誌,內容差不多是台灣國中程度。我有列出一些可能的生字這樣讀起來比較容易(其實是懶的翻譯整篇XD)

Spotlight on Soccer

By Sachin Shenolikar, from the editors of Sports Illustrated KIDS

Get ready for the world's biggest sports event. The 2010 World Cup takes place this summer in South Africa.

What sporting event happens every four years and focuses the world's attention on awesome athletes? The World Cup! This summer, the contest will take place in South Africa. It will be the first time an African nation has hosted the tournament.

The contests will take place in venues in 10 cities throughout South Africa. Starting on June 11, 32 nations will take part in 64 matches for $420 million in prize money. On July 11, a champion will be crowned at the 94,000-seat Soccer City stadium, in Johannesburg.

Soccer is the most popular sport on the planet. About 3 million tickets are expected to be sold for this year's event. When Italy beat France in the 2006 World Cup final, 715 million people viewed the match on television. Just 106 million watched the 2010 Super Bowl.

This summer, soccer fans will be glued to their TV sets as the best of the best go toe-to-toe on the field. Argentina's electric striker, Lionel Messi, and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo are considered the best players in the tournament. Spain, Brazil and England are the top contenders. Brazil has won the most World Cups (five) since the competition began in 1930. Still, fans know that anything can happen in the fast-paced sport.

The United States has never won the prize. In 2006, the U.S. didn't even make it past the first round. But Team USA has a talented roster, led by Landon Donovan, Jozy Altidore and Tim Howard.

The U.S. takes to the field on June 11 against powerhouse England. Can Team USA pull off an upset? Donovan is ready. "We've been waiting a long time for this opportunity," he says. "This means everything to me."

2010-06-28 00:52:49 補充:

Spotlight 使公眾注意,可翻成萬重矚目

event 事件

athlete 運動員

host 主辦

tournament 比賽,這裡指世足賽

venue 事件或行動的發生地

match 競賽

champion 冠軍

stadium 體育館

Johannesburg 約翰尼斯堡,南非首都

Super Bowl 超級杯大賽,美國一年一度的橄欖球比賽

toe-to-toe 近距離的

Argentina 阿根廷

striker, forward 前鋒

Portugal 葡萄牙

fast-paced 步調快的

roster 名冊

powerhouse 強隊

pull off 脫下,這裡指擺脫苦惱

2010-06-28 00:53:35 補充:

我生字貼到意見那這裡放不下= =

• 登入以對解答發表意見
  • 10 年前

The City Mouse and the Country Mouse

(城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠)

Once there were two mice. They were friends. One mouse lived in the country; the other mouse lived in the city. After many years the Country mouse saw the City mouse; he said, "Do come and see me at my house in the country." So the City mouse went. The City mouse said, "This food is not good, and your house is not good. Why do you live in a hole in the field? You should come and live in the city. You would live in a nice house made of stone. You would have nice food to eat. You must come and see me at my house in the city."

The Country mouse went to the house of the City mouse. It was a very good house. Nice food was set ready for them to eat. But just as they began to eat they heard a great noise. The City mouse cried, " Run! Run! The cat is coming!" They ran away quickly and hid.

After some time they came out. When they came out, the Country mouse said, "I do not like living in the city. I like living in my hole in the field. For it is nicer to be poor and happy, than to be rich and afraid."

翻譯

從前,有兩只老鼠,它們是好朋友。一只老鼠居住在鄉村,另一只住在城裡。很多年以後,鄉下老鼠碰到城裡老鼠,它說:“你一定要來我鄉下的家看看。”於是,城裡老鼠就去了。鄉下老鼠領著它到了一塊田地上它自己的家裡。它把所有最精美食物都找出來給城裡老鼠。城裡老鼠說:“這東西不好吃,你的家也不好,你為什麼住在田野的地洞裡呢?你應該搬到城裡去住,你能住上用石頭造的漂亮房子,還會吃上美味佳肴,你應該到我城裡的家看看。”

鄉下老鼠就到城裡老鼠的家去。房子十分漂亮,好吃的東西也為他們擺好了。可是正當他們要開始吃的時候,聽見很大的一陣響聲,城裡的老鼠叫喊起來: “快跑!快跑!貓來了!”他們飛快地跑開躲藏起來。

過了一會兒,他們出來了。當他們出來時,鄉下老鼠說:“我不喜歡住在城裡,我喜歡住在田野我的洞裡。因為這樣雖然貧窮但是快樂自在,比起雖然富有卻要過著提心吊膽的生活來說,要好些。”

• 登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。