promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Hammy 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 10 年前

red ear slider

what does a home fed red ear slider eat.

For example, like what types of vegetable, fruit, or feedings will they feel more

comfortable to digest and to adapt quickly if I were to feed them with it.

3 個解答

評分
  • 10 年前
    最佳解答

Diet

Red-eared sliders are omnivores and eat a variety of animal and plant materials in the wild including, but not limited to fish, crayfish, carrion, tadpoles, snails, crickets, wax worms, aquatic insects and numerous aquatic plant species. The captive diet for pet red-eared sliders should be a varied diet consisting of invertebrates such as worms, aquatic and land plants, and other natural foods. They should never be fed commercial dog food or cat food. Commercial turtle foods can be used sparingly and should not be used as the primary food. Calcium (for shell health) can be supplemented by adding pieces of cuttlebone to the diet, or with commercially available vitamin supplements. A nutritious food readily accepted by young turtles is baby clams soaked in krill oil covered with powdered coral calcium. Younger turtles tend to be more carnivorous (eat more animal protein) than adults do. As they grow larger and older, they become increasingly herbivorous. Live foods are particularly enjoyed and add to the quality of life of captive turtles. Providing a wide variety of foods is the key to success with captive red-eared sliders.

You may like to read entire article at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eared_slider

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 10 年前

I am not sure how big is your Red-eared slider.

For the first 6 months, you may feed your red-eared slider with commercial pellets with meaty food such as earthworms or fish.

After they grow bigger, after 6 months, you can feed them with Romaine lettuce or the other green leaf lettuce(American lettuce).

You may also gives him carrots, green bean, zucchini, sweet potato(yam), pumpkin, papaya, cantaloupe once a while(but limited usage)

Well, I think this should be helpful to you.

they can ) once daily, enough to diminish appetite but not gorge the turtleeats

• 10 年前
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。