promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Henry 007 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 10 年前

People look down on me?

Do you think people would look down on me for going back to school?

I am 36 and I am going to be a mature student.

I am also wondering if it is a good idea to be a mature student ?

Please advise

已更新項目:

its like a profssonal study centre, not really a school

I am going to learn something

I am going to do some business courses

7 個解答

評分
  • 10 年前
    最佳解答

Why would people look down on you for going back to school? Would you look down on someone who wants to go back to school and learn skills? Why would you??

I think it's a great thing to learn and to learn all the time. Going back to school shows that you're serious about learning and you really want to learn. In western countries, most graduate students are mature students. They often work and study at the same time. Some people even go back to the universities to get a degree after they're retired - at the age of 65! The schools aren't just for young people.

Don't worry about what people would think of you or how they would look at you. Do something you truly believe in and do something that you think is right for you and will make you proud. Do something that will satisfy and challenge yourself. People's worries often solely come from themselves. Forget about other people. Take the course for yourself because you want to and because you need to.

Go for it, man!

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • leo
    Lv 6
    10 年前

You are not old at all, you are only 36!.. God.. I am 48 and I am still dreaming about going back to school like you!

• 10 年前

I am helping an 80 years old lady learn computer and I think there are some more to come. This 80 years old lady wants to use computer to make her family tree. She is so motivated even though she has short-term memory problem. How old are you? 36? You are far too young to say you are old!

2010-08-24 09:26:33 補充:

No one can look down on you except yourself.

• It's never too old to learn."活到老 學到老"

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 蕃茄
    Lv 5
    10 年前

Be who you are, say what you want, and act the way you want. It's your life, you are the man . It's ok if you choose their own way to lead your life, then I will LOOK DOWN ON YOU.

• 10 年前

If it's something worth doing, why care what others think of you?

At 36, your experience and wisdom might be something others do admire.

• 10 年前

What school do you wanna enter?

2010-08-24 16:06:13 補充:

It's really common for Taiwanese people,many of whom studied doctor degree or advanced business courses during their work time.

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。