promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
匿名使用者
匿名使用者 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

Wedding gift, how much?

Hi,

My best friend's daughter is getting married in Taiwan. There is to be a banquet and I plan to attend. I am told cash is an acceptable form of wedding gift. Could someone tell me if US$1000 is proper? Her mother and I were very close and she's like a niece to me.

Thanks,

Faith

6 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

well, actually 1000NTD would be a weird amount to give.

u should at least give 1200NTD.

I'm a taiwanese but i don't know how to explain why the number. It's just a custom though.

Especially you're very close to her mom it usually takes 6000NTD or 6600NTD to be a proper amount to give on a wedding.

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 9 年前

friend : US$99

best friend : US$199

99 means 長長久久(forever)

• 9 年前

You'll be invited to my daughter's wedding, and you and my wife can call each other sister so my daughter can be your niece.

seriously, 200-300USD will be more than proper.

but if she is related to Chen Shui Bian's family, they'll kick you out of the reception.

• 9 年前

No way! US$1,000 is about a month paycheck for a new college graduate in Taiwan.

To give that amount openly is to embarrass other closer relatives. In theory, the brothers of the bride/groom's mother should give the most, not you.

2011-01-25 04:38:34 補充:

However, if you insist, give to the mother in private so that no one knows. Or go ahead, buy a house in Bel Aire for the lucky couple.

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 9 年前

~~~~~ if US$1000 is proper? ~~~~

Sure!

US$1000=NT$30000

Very proper and very nice!

And have a good time in banquet !

• Jay
    Lv 5
    9 年前

It’s definitely good enough to give $1000as wedding gift.There are some examples in the web:

http://zh.kakoola.com/archives/jwYuzP/http://tw.my...

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。