promotion image of download ymail app
MiuMiu 發問時間: 教育與參考出國留學 · 9 年前


請問我哥哥這月底要去美國用J1的簽證做醫學研究半年,但是半年後要去不同的州做醫學研究, 那一州的申請要四月份才會下來, 到時我哥必須要到第三國辦理J1的簽證, 是要到加拿大就可以嗎? 還是要回來台灣呢? 要怎麼處理呢? 謝謝


Before Gary posted that link here, I already called the number. They said, " Technically, you can go to the third country, say Canada, to extend your J1 Visa. It's very common here. " I think my brother doesn't have to come back to Taiwan to renew or extend his J1 Visa.

2 個已更新項目:

Thank you for your answers though.

3 個已更新項目:

By the end of July, his J1 Visa expires and he is still in America. I guess it'll be easier for him to go to Canada instead of coming back to AIT.

4 個已更新項目:


2 個解答

  • Gary
    Lv 7
    9 年前

    In most of the cases, he will be subject to Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence (Foreign Residence) Requirement as a condition for the visa approval.

    See the following for detail:

    In order for him to go again, he must seek a waiver.

    In this case, assuming there will be no problem in waiver, he should get the new J-1 at AIT (Taiwan).

    2011-01-28 00:11:01 補充:

    Remember, technically (which they can say no). AIT is still the best way.

    2011-01-28 08:11:19 補充:

    You can but remember, if it is not approved, he will have to go back to Taiwan via Canada...

    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • JJ
    Lv 7
    9 年前





    • Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見