mandy 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

請英文好的人幫我修飾我的cover letter

因為我下個月就要去澳洲打工,

所以這幾天不斷翻書查字典的結果:

Dear sir/madam(Dear manager XXX) I have seen you advertisement for a housekeeping, and I am interested in the position. Now I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Jessica , I come from Taiwan , the Republic of china. I am now twenty-three year old, I am 158 cm tall. I am healthy, I like reading, singing and dancing in my spare time. I graduated from junior college 2009. I should like to learn more useful things, and so I have come Australia . I hope I may be of interest to you, and I took forward to hearing from you, Thank you for your time and trouble. Warm Regards,

因為cover letter 還要寫上自己的優勢,我想到的優勢有這份工作我想以作長期為主、刻苦耐勞、學習力強跟真的會很努力學習,其他就不知道該怎麼寫了,可是關於優勢那些我不會翻成英文,請英文能力好的人幫我翻譯好嗎!

如果我的cover letter 有寫的不好,請幫我指點,謝謝!

已更新項目:

可以幫我翻譯合群、熱心、熱於學習的這些英文嗎!!!

謝謝

5 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

Dear Mandy小姐妳好,

就讓Panda來幫妳吧; 如下: (紅色為修改過的字, 紅框裡為不必要的字, 黑框為解釋)Dear Sir/Madam, (英文裡沒有人會寫 “Dear Manager”, 所以NO!)我甚至建議妳將Dear Sir/Madam改成To Whom It May Concern以避開先生在女士前面的差別待遇, 因為已經有人開始抗議了, 請參考以下連結:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/... have seen your advertisement for (a) housekeeping, and (I) am interested in the position(前段已用了I, 後段可省略, cover letter裡盡量避免重複字). (Now I would like to introduce myself to you.) (此句為廢話, 沒有人會這樣寫而直接切入重點 = - =) My name is Jessica , and I come from Taiwan, the Republic of China. I am (now) twenty-three years old (I am 158 cm tall.) (一般來說沒有人會主動把年齡放在cover letter上, 因為這樣會產生顧主不聘用妳的嫌疑, 它们更不會管妳有多高, 所以建議妳拿掉. 我之所以留住妳的年齡是因為妳很年輕, 絕對佔優勢, 要不要留就看妳了) and able-bodied(健康/健全). I am passionate(熱情), have a genuine thirst for learning(熱於學習), and a team player(合群). I like reading, singing and dancing in my spare time. I graduated from junior college in 2009, and have come to Australia in pursuit of expanding my knowledge(來增加我的知識). I hope I may be of interest to you, and (I) look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much(帶點熱忱吧!) for your time and consideration(考慮 – 此為一般cover letter的收尾). Warm Regards, 怕妳看的太花, 所以整合如下: To Whom It May Concern,I have seen your advertisement for housekeeping, and am interested in the position. My name is Jessica , and I come from Taiwan, the Republic of China. I am twenty-three years old and able-bodied. I am passionate, have a genuine thirst for learning, and a team player. I like reading, singing and dancing in my spare time. I graduated from junior college in 2009, and have come to Australia in pursuit of expanding my knowledge. I hope I may be of interest to you, and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Warm Regards, XXX(妳的全名) 希望有幫到妳 靈活學英文

2011-03-23 10:17:49 補充:

後來想一想, 覺得用 “enthusiastic” 比 “passionate”合適, 所以改掉吧!

參考資料: Pandora's Panda的知識
  • 9 年前

kudos to MoMo too, for the effort he put in. : )

• 匿名使用者
    9 年前

安安^^ 試譯如下,如有問題可以再修正:

>> Dear Sir (or Dear Mr. XXX),I’ve seen your ad for housekeeping and I’m quite interested in the position. Now I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jessica and come from Taiwan, the Republic of China.I’m now twenty-three years old, 158 cm tall. I’m healthy, like reading, singing and dancing in my spare times. I also graduated from junior college in 2009. I’d like to learn more useful skills so I’ve come to Australia in XXXX.Hopefully you could consider my application to the job and I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time to read my info. Warm Regards, XXX @可以幫我翻譯合群、熱心、熱於學習的這些英文嗎!!!>> I’m easy to get along with, enthusiastic and have a passion to learn. @ 這封信寫的很簡單明瞭希望對方能過目;另外你的resume也可以po上來改喔。 @ 祝成功 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§§學英文不要怕犯錯,但要常用文法只是參考,勿需太拘泥 §§

• 9 年前

the expert Panda! ^_^

• 您覺得這個回答如何?您可以登入為回答投票。
  • 9 年前

a team player 前面要加 am

另外也可寫成

I am sociable, enthusiastic and eager for learning.

這樣較簡潔

還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。