PopWei 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

請幫我解答好嗎?這是考古題的題目

Is it not OK to cheat in soccer? Shortly before half-time in the World Cup __(1)__ match between England and Germany on Sunday, the English midfielder Frank Lampard had a shot __(2)__goal that struck the crossbar and bounced down onto the ground, clearly over the goal line. The goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer, grabbed the ball and put it back into play. Neither the referee nor the linesman, both of __(3)__were still coming down the field — and thus were poorly positioned to judge--signaled a goal and play continued.

After the match, Neuer gave this account of his actions: “I tried not to react to the __(4)__ and just concentrate on __(5)__ was happening. I realized it was over the line and I think the way I carried on so quickly fooled the referee into thinking it was not over.”

To __(6)__it bluntly: Neuer cheated, and then boasted about it.

By any normal ethical __(7)__, what Neuer did was wrong. But does the fact that Neuer was playing soccer mean that the only ethical rule is: “Win __(8)__ all costs”?

In soccer, that does seem to be the prevailing ethic. The most famous of these incidents was Diego Maradona’s goal in Argentina’s 1986 World Cup match __(9)__ England, which he later described as having been scored “a little with the head of Maradona and a little with the hand of God.” Replays left no doubt that it was the hand of Maradona that scored the goal. Twenty years later, he __(10)__in a BBC interview that he had intentionally acted as if it were a goal, in order to deceive the referee.

(A) ending

(B) deletion

(C) elimination

(D) termination

(A) at

(B) in

(C) for

(D) with

(A) them

(B) whom

(C) what

(D) which