promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
晴妘
Lv 5
晴妘 發問時間: 社會與文化語言 · 9 年前

想請問解釋managed thinly英翻中

在小說裡看見這樣一句話

"Yes. I had considered that," S managed thinly.

managed thinly ---是什麼意思呢?

下下文是 (S/G是人的姓氏) S先生...G小姐

(因為是同人文所以就不把全名打出來了= =)

"I mentioned Miss G. You told me she'd learned all the potions she'll need to brew to assist Poppy. If you're managing to work together, you might consider making her an assistant for your research.""Yes. I had considered that," S managed thinly. "She's agreed to work with me, so long as it helps her NEWTS score.謝謝大家

已更新項目:

我問了兩個人有不同的譯法給大家參考

A說:閒閒的盤算

B說:不加思考的

我個人認為 : 並不勉強/強求

想問問大家的看法

2 個已更新項目:

或是...注意力不太集中?

3 個已更新項目:

這個故事全文

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1024910/7/

這是第七章

4 個已更新項目:

再前面一段的內容

They discussed nothing in particular for some time, until S was tapping his fingers on the overstuffed arm of his chair and beginning to feel the need for the loo.

"And how are you and Miss G getting on?" Dumbledore asked out of the blue.

"I beg your pardon?"

5 個已更新項目:

感謝prisoner26535!!!!

這和天助人助自助解釋的也差不多^^

6 個已更新項目:

這是後面一段的內容,這樣文意看來比較清楚

"Ah, yes. The bane of seventh-years everywhere. Well, then. Miss G appears to be dealing as well as can be expected with her extraordinary circumstances. She'll no doubt cope just dandy with the baby."

7 個已更新項目:

It was the jovial use of 'dandy' that made his palms itch with the urge to strangle the old wizard. "Cope, you say. That foolish girl! I offered her anything, and she wants better NEWTS scores."

因為後面S還蠻激動的 尤其是這句話

I offered her anything, and she wants better NEWTS scores."

5 個解答

評分
  • 9 年前
    最佳解答

Yeh, an interesting question long time coming, especially from a fellow Potter fan.

Here is what I think:

1. let's start with the word "managed" - this word typically implies certain degree of uncertainty, unwillingness or struggling, physically or mentally. For examples:

+ he managed to finish the task all by himself in a day - meaning, I don't know how but he did it;

+ she managed to squeeze a cup of catchup from an empty bottle - meaning, she work it very hard;

+ the little girl managed to give her grandma a kiss and ran away - meaning, she forced herself to do it;

2. now the word "thinly" - to me, thinly = lightly. So, your passage can actually be written:

"Yes. I had considered that," Severus managed [to say it] lightly... meaning, Severus is timid, quiet, and shy;

3. The wording is to show:

+ Severus' dislike of Hermione

+ Non-confrontational and shy personality of Severus

+ Severus' respect (? arguably) on Dumbledore.

2011-08-03 07:18:54 補充:

+ Severus is struggling to pretend to consider taking Hermione as his research assistant.

2011-08-04 00:38:22 補充:

解釋太多了試想讓晴妘知道為神要這樣解釋!

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
  • 9 年前

補充點個人的看法:

用 manage 來形容回覆,常是想表達這個回覆的內容對發言的人來說,是需要經驗一番努力,要下一點功夫才行.

如 prisoner26535 大師所言,在這句中, S 不大喜歡G,但看在D的面子,回應說會考慮. 但他打從心裡實在不認同,所以這個回應是有點作作的,表面功夫做的很薄(thin),顯的很勉強.

[淡淡的說]其實還蠻傳神的.

• chen
    Lv 7
    9 年前

: 天助人助自助

譯意不錯 [+ ]

• 9 年前

"是。S 精簡管理,我認為,"。

精簡---管理

"我提到小姐 G.你告訴我她得知她需要協助罌粟 brew 的所有藥劑。如果你管理一起工作,你可能會考慮使她為你的研究助理。