promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

英文句子或片語用法差異

1. 請問Reading in the morning is part of his regular routine.若改成

Reading in the morning is a part of his regular routine.

翻譯成中文時兩句意思有何差別?

2.我在無敵電子字典裡看到這句話:

As time passed, she saw less and less of all her old friends at home.

請問為何不是用fewer and fewer卻用less and less呢?

3.我在無敵電子字典裡看到這句話:

My life is entirely given up to work. (我的一生全部獻給了工作)

為何given的後面要多加up呢?

4.請問在稱讚他人時說 He is a real man. 跟說 He is a true man.

翻譯成中文時兩句意思有何差別? 哪一句才是表示他是真正的男子漢?

1 個解答

評分
  • PONY
    Lv 7
    9 年前
    最佳解答

1. 請問Reading in the morning is part of his regular routine.若改成 Reading in the morning is a part of his regular routine. 翻譯成中文時兩句意思有何差別? part [C,U] 部分,一部分;局部,此義常省去不定冠詞。 所以慣用語Sth is (a) part of Sb’s life (routine; job; duty; responsibility; culture; tradition; heritage; legacy; problem; religion….) 也會經常略去a。英美士約七成機率會省去,但有三成會仍加a。

Death is (a) part of our life. (也是有人仍用a)I work out 7 days a week. It’s part of my life.It’s part of our (American) culture right now to discourage smoking and obesity. He’s alone, or feels that he is. That’s part of his problem.Falling over is part of learning how to ski.Cheating people was part of his fantasy lifeControversy had never been part of his daily routine.His handling of September 11 is going to be part of his record. 2. 我在無敵電子字典裡看到這句話: As time passed, she saw less and less of all her old friends at home. 請問為何不是用fewer and fewer卻用less and less呢? Less and less 指的是該句「動詞」發生程度範圍(不可數)的降低,fewer and fewer指的是該句「名詞」可數數量的降低。

Since the Republican Party has been in power, jobs have been going overseas, and they've been thinking less and less of the people here. (設想程度的降低)As his drinking kept getting heavier, I saw less and less of him. (看見對方程度的降低) (即版主原句的結構)I was understanding less and less of what was going on. Things were getting more confused. (瞭解程度的降低)As the new century progresses, fewer and fewer of us will live on the land. (人數可數數量的降低)As more and more of us buy VCRs or hook up to cable-TV companies, fewer and fewer of us go out to the movies. (人數可數數量的降低)

3.我在無敵電子字典裡看到這句話:

My life is entirely given up to work. (我的一生全部獻給了工作) 為何given的後面要多加up呢? to give Sth up to Sb 是個慣用語,指將某人原本擁有的事物 (財產、權益、生命等)給了別人(如同放棄give up該事物)。 Are you really willing to give up the land to them.?She agrees to give up rights to her husband.(以上是主動語態) This mask was given up to Harley for preservation in the Peabody Museum by the owner. My life is entirely given up to work. (版大原句屬此)(以上是被動語態)

4. ...to be continued

2011-09-05 15:07:03 補充:

Be a real man. Put the gun down. Confront me to my face.

A real man would never take money from a woman.

A man can't become a real man without serving in the army.

2011-09-05 15:07:31 補充:

I knew that the first thing a true man or woman must possess was a pure, kindly and radiant heart.

If you are a true man, you will give me your pledge that you will fight me tomorrow morning.

2011-09-05 15:07:47 補充:

以上a real man或 a true man兩組例句字義都是指「真正的男子漢」,但believe it or not, 英美人士用前者的頻率高達99.5%,所以我個人要用的話,當然是選用前者。

• Commenter avatar登入以對解答發表意見
還有問題?馬上發問,尋求解答。